Sikaflex 295 UV is a one-component polyurethane adhesive/sealant specifically formulated for bonding acrylic and polycarbonate windows and hatches. It is also an excellent color stable, non-chalking sealant for general marine sealing. Questions? Contact Us
Sikaflex -295 UV black is intended to be used as an adhesive and/or sealant in bonding applications for polycarbonate windows and acrylic (PMMA) windows. Black: Use in conjunction with Sika – Cleaner 226 and Sika® Primer 209N. Prior to use, always refer to installation guide available at www.sikaindustry.com/ ipd-marine-window-295.
Sikaflex -295 UV white is intended to be used as a sealant in open joints between glass, ceramics, metals, many plastics, fiberglass and many types of paint. Use in conjunction with Sika -Cleaner 226 or Sika -Aktivator. Refer to the Surface Preparation Guidelines for further information. It is not intended to bond mineral glass. This product is suitable for experienced professional users only. Tests with actual substrates and conditions have to be performed to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.
- Do not apply on frozen surface or through standing water or under water.
- Do not apply over silicones or in the presence of curing silicones.
- Avoid contact with alcohol and alcohol containing solvents during cure.
- Allow minimum of 1-week full cure prior to total water immersion situations.
- Maximum chlorine exposure 2.5 ppm. – Do not use as a deck seam sealant.
- Do not use for bonding glass.
Sikaflex -295 UV may be overpainted when tack-free. The paint and paint process must be tested for compatibility. Sikaflex -295UV should not be exposed to baking temperatures until it has attained full cure. It should be understood that the hardness and film thickness of the paint might impair the elasticity of the sealant and lead to cracking of the paint film with time.