Dryvit ADEPS is a factory-mixed, noncementitious, water-based acrylic copolymer. Dryvit ADEPS is colored blue for product identification. ADEPS is used to adhere expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation board to acceptable substrates. ADEPS should not be used to adhere insulation board over a surface treated with Backstop NT . Questions? Contact Us.
Working Time: The adhesive must not be allowed to form a skin prior to installation on the wall.
Drying Time: Drying time depends upon the air temperature, relative humidity and the porosity of the substrate. Under average drying conditions [70 °F (21 °C), 55% R.H.], ADEPS sets within 24 hours and achieves full cure in approximately seven days. Protect work from rain for at least 48 hours.
Testing Information: For individual test data on this product’s properties, refer to the chart included with this document.
Application Procedure: For complete application instructions, refer to the appropriate Dryvit system application instructions.
Job Conditions:Air and substrate temperature for application of ADEPS must be 45 °F (7 °C) or higher and must remain so for a minimum of 48 hours.
Temporary Protection: Shall be provided until the adhesive, base coat, finish and installation of permanent flashings, sealants, etc. are completed to protect the wall from inclement weather and other sources of damage.
• Exterior grade gypsum sheathing meeting ASTM C 1396 (formerly C 79) requirements for water-resistant core or Type X core
• Exterior sheathing having a water-resistant core with fiberglass mat facers meeting ASTM C 1177
• Exterior fiber reinforced cement or calcium silicate boards
• APA Exterior or Exposure 1 Rated Plywood, Grade C-D or better, nominal 1/2 in (12.7 mm), minimum, installed with the C face out.
• APA Exposure 1 Rated OSB, nominal 1/2 in (12.7 mm) minimum.
• Unglazed brick, cement plaster, concrete or masonry
Surface Preparation: • Surfaces must be above 45 °F (7 °C) and must be clean, dry, structurally sound and free of paint, grease or oil.
• American Plywood Association guidelines must be followed to ensure proper installation of the wood-based sheathings.
• The substrate shall be flat within 1/4 in (6.4 mm) in 4 ft (1.2 m) radius.
Masonry: The masonry surface, with joints struck flush, shall be “skim coated” with Dryvit Primus, Primus DM, Genesis or Genesis DM mixture (see product data sheet for mixing and application) to produce a smooth, level surface.
Stucco: Dryvit Color Prime™, Color Prime W or Primer with Sand™ shall be applied over the cured brown coat surface using a roller or brush (see product data sheet for mixing and application) prior to applying the finish. If additives are present in the stucco, a test patch shall be made and bond
strength checked prior to application.