To be used in accordance with MasterSeal Traffic 1500 Low VOC deck coating systems, MasterSeal TC 235: 1500 Traffic System was designed as a moisture-curing, low VOC polyurethane top coat. As a single-component waterproofing coating, TC 235 has the added benefit of being UV-resistant. It is well suited for pedestrian applications, and the TC 235 Tint Base solution accommodates a wide range of color applications. Read on to learn all about how this top coat works!
What Are the Main Benefits of MasterSeal TC 235?
- 40 standard colors available
- Short-filled pails of MasterSeal TC 235 Tint Base material make it easy to be mixed with integrated, MasterSeal 945 aggregate
- Low volatile organic compounds (VOCs). MasterSeal TC 235 has the following g/L VOC contents less water and exempt solvents: TC 235: 95 g/L
- Easy preparation minimizes on-site manpower costs
- 40 standard colors using MasterSeal 900 color packs (pedestrian applications only) are offered with MasterSeal TC 235 Tint Base
What Are the Recommended Uses of MasterSeal TC 235?
- Plaza decks
- Commercial construction
- Parking garages
Important Application Notes
MasterSeal TC 235 Tint Base is not designed to accommodate vehicular traffic but only for pedestrian usage. To create the appropriate color tint, combine five gallons of TC 235 Tint Base with two (2) Master Builders Solutions MasterSeal 900 color packets. Just one MasterSeal 900 color pack needs to be used when utilizing short-filled TC 235 pails (only 2.5-gallon fill). For good coverage, a second layer could be necessary when using the TC 235 Tint Base.
For the best results, we recommend following these tips:
- Avoid whipping air into the tint base
- Properly combine pigment cans into the tint base
- To ensure satisfactory color appearance and slide resistance, always conduct a test on a small area
- Avoid application of the TC 235 Tint Base heavier than the recommended 25 mils (0.64 mm)
Additionally, you should account for the fact that colors exposed to direct sunlight may fade slightly over time. Darker hues may also fade at a faster rate. Lastly, different aggregate and substrate conditions can affect color and appearance.
Storage Tips for MasterSeal TC 235
If possible, always store your MasterSeal TC 235 products in unopened containers in a cool, dirt-free, and dry area. When you follow proper storage protocol, MasterSeal TC 235 has a shelf life of up to a year.
TC 235 can cure within 12 to 14 hours, which was shown when tested at 73 °F (23 °C) and 50% relative humidity.
Be sure to read, understand, and follow all Material Safety Data Sheets and product label information for MasterSeal TC 235 before application.
Why Buy MasterSeal TC 235 from Metro Sealant?
Metro Sealant is an industry leader in providing the highest-grade sealants and coasting on the market for multiple construction players.
Are you looking for reliable and easy-to-use waterproofing solutions? Look no further than products like our TC 235 MasterSeal or MasterSeal TC 225. They both provide exceptional protection against the elements in various conditions. Rest assured that the condition of your surfaces can be maintained for a long time with this protective barrier!