How to Apply Masterprotect H400, Its Uses & Benefits
If you’re searching for a high-quality, versatile sealant that you can use for a number of different applications, the Masterprotect H400 carried by Metro Sealant is ideal. It provides extensive protection against moisture intrusion, chloride intrusion, and freeze/thaw cycles. Additionally, due to being 40% silane, it’s ideal for high-traffic surfaces, as well as interior and exterior applications.
The Benefits of Masterprotect H400
When it comes to finding a versatile sealant, you’d be hard-pressed to find one as great as Masterprotect H400. This is because it doesn’t alter the surface appearance of where it’s installed. Since it comes as one component, it’s easy to install and remains breathable, allowing moisture to escape without damaging the seal once it’s in place.
Masterprotect H400 is the perfect sealant for:
- Parking garages
- Bridge decks
- Concrete highway road surfaces
- Ramps and barrier rails
- Above grade and horizontal applications
- Interior or exterior uses
Applying Masterprotect H400
To apply the sealant successfully, it’s important to first ensure that the surface where it will be installed is properly cured. For concrete, make certain that it has cured to at least 80% of its design strength, which will often take anywhere from 14-28 days.
Next, clean the surface where it will be installed thoroughly, making sure it’s free of sand, dirt, oil, grease, chemical films, and other contaminants. The best way to ensure it’s as clean as possible is by power washing or sandblasting the surface prior to application.
Other important things to note when applying Masterprotect H400 include:
- Ensuring the temperature is 40-110° F (4-43° C) during application.
- There is no standing water on the surface during the application. Although the surface can be slightly damp, applying when it’s completely dry is preferable.
- Caulking, patching, and crack control sealants can be applied either before or after applying Masterprotect H400.
Contact us for all your sealant and building supplies needs!