Pecora 890NST: Stain-Resistant, Dynamic and Ultra-Low Modulus Sealant
Pecora 890 NST is primarily for sealing expansion and control joints. for precast concrete panels, architechtural and natural stone, metal curtainwalls, perimeter sealing of doors and windows, Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS). Anywhere there are areas requiring a high-performance sealant. It adheres very well to concrete, natural stones, masonry, steel, fluoropolymer painted and powder coated aluminum, wood, vinyl and many other plastics. The product is generally installed without need for a primer. It performs equally well in new or remedial construction. Questions? Contact us
Pecora 890 NST 10.1oz Tube: Silicone Sealant
Pecora 890NST is a one-part, neutral-curing, ultra low-modulus silicone sealant that will not stain natural stone such as marble and granite and that reacts with atmospheric moisture to form a durable, flexible build- ing sealant. Pecora 890NST performs exceptionally well under dynamic condi- tions due to its ultra-low modulus, high extension/ compression, recovery proper- ties and strong adhesion to most building materials and accommodates long-term movement of +100-50% in properly designed joints.
Pecora 890NST: Resilience and Performance Under Extreme Weather Conditions
Harsh weather conditions, rain, sleet, snow, sunlight and extreme temperatures, high ozone concentrations and/or exposure to intense ultra violet rays have very little effect on the ultimate performance of Pecora 890NST even after years of such exposure.
Pecora 890NST: Tailored for EIFS with Strong Adhesion and Low-Stress Formula
Pecora 890NST is particularly well suited for use in Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS) because of its proven strong adhesion to all base and top coats and because its ultra-low modulus formulation places minimal stress on the bond line. Pecora 890NST is available in many of the more popular EIFS colors.
Limitations: Pecora 890 NST should not be used in the following applications:
- Sealing horizontal decks, patios, driveway or terrace joints where abrasion or physical abuse is encountered.
- Below grade or sealing submerged joints or below the waterline in marine uses.
- Totally confined or air- free spaces since moisture is necessary for cure.
- Designs that will be painted after application of the sealant. Sealant should be applied after painting is completed.
- Structural glazing applications.
- On surfaces with special protective or decorative coatings without prior consultation with Technical Services.