Spec Chem Super Specplug: Hydraulic Cement Mortar
Spec Chem Super Specplug is a durable, super fast-setting hydraulic-cement mortar that stops flowing water through holes and cracks in concrete and masonry surfaces. Spec Chem Super Specplug will not shrink or oxidize. Questions? Contact Us.
1. For best results, enlarge crack to a width and depth of 3/4″ (19 mm); cut square or undercut. Do not cut in a “V” shape.
2. Clean the substrate of all grease, wax, oil, contaminants, and curing compounds. Remove all weak, contaminated, or deteriorated concrete.
3. Saturate the surface with water. SUPER SPECPLUG will cure in the presence of running water.)
Add a small amount of clean water to SUPER SPECPLUG and mix to a putty consistency. Use an approximate ratio of 20% – 21% water to product (by weight). Mix only enough material that can be placed in 2 minutes approximately 9.5 pints water to 50 lbs of product.
1. For vertical and moving-water applications, hold product firmly in place until it reaches final set, in approximately 3 minutes.
2. Temperatures below 60° F (16° C) may delay set. Use hot water and warm material to speed setting time. In temperatures above 80° F (27° C) protect the material from hot sun and use cold water to slow setting time.
SUPER SPECPLUG cures and continues to gain strength as long as it remains damp. Keep the material damp for a minimum of 30 minutes. The product obtains optimal strength when wet cured for up to 2 days.
Do not place at temperatures below 40o F (5oC) or if the temperature is expected to fall below 40o F (5oC) in the next twenty-four hour period.
50 lb (22.7 kg) pails
18 months when properly stored in unopened containers in a clean, dry area between 45°F and 90°F (7°C and 32°)
CONDITIONS OF SALE
SpecChem offers this product for sale subject to and limited by the warranty which may only be varied by written agreement of a duly authorized corporate officer of SpecChem. No other representative of or for SpecChem is authorized to grant any warranty or to waive limitation of liability set forth below.