Tremco fire caulk Tube Acrylic is a single component, water-based, acrylic firestop sealant. Tremstop Acrylic allows for plus or minus 25 percent movement in fire-rated joints. Tremstop Acrylic is an economical choice for 2 to 3 hour fire-rated penetrations and up to a 3 hour fire rating for up to 3 inch joints. Questions? Contact us
- 308′ of joint per gallon for a 1/4″ x 1/4″ (6 mm x 6 mm) joint. For specific coverage rates that include joint size, and usage efficiencies, visit our website usage calculator at www.tremcosealants.com
- 10.1-oz (300-mL) cartridge, 20-oz (600-mL) sausage, 28.7-oz (850-mL) quart cartridge, 5-gal (19-L) pail
- Rust Red, Limestone. Custom colors available upon request.
- Shelf Life
- 1 year when stored at 40 to 110 ̊F (5 to 43 ̊C)
- Store Tremco Fire Caulk TREMstop Acrylic in original, undamaged packaging in a clean, dry, protected location with temperatures between 40 to 110 ̊F (5 to 43 ̊C).
- Applicable Standards
- • UL1479(ASTME-814) • UL263(ASTME-119)
• Not recommended for use with passive fire containment systems not listed or approved by Tremco.
Mineral wool, closed cell, or reticulated polyethylene backer rod is recommended as joint backing to control sealant depth and insure intimate contact of sealant with cavity wall when tooling. Certain types of backing material may be required by system.
TREMstop® Acrylic is a gunnable acrylic latex sealant designed for use in firestop applications, including both joints and through-penetrations.
TREMstop Acrylic is for use on metal pipe, plastic pipe, insulated pipe, cables, cable trays, ducts, static joints and dynamic joints in fire-rated concrete, wood floor/ceiling and gypsum wall assemblies. TREMstop Acrylic can also be used on acoustically rated assemblies.
Features and Benefits
- TREMstop Acrylic is an easy to apply , all-purpose sealant that accepts paint once fully cured. It features excellent movement and superb unprimed adhesion to a wide range of substrates.
- When installed in accordance with a tested firestop system, it affords code compliance for both through-penetrations and fire-rated joints.