Tremco THC 901: 1.5 Gal. Tremco Polyurethane Sealant
Tremco THC 901 is a multi-component, polyurethane sealant for horizontal expansion joints that includes a tintable base, curative packet, and a choice of 70 standard colors. Questions? Contact Us.
308 linear feet of joint per gal for a 1/4” X 1/4” joint. For specific coverage rates that include joint size, and usage efficiencies, visit our website usage calculator at www.tremcosealants.com.
• 1-1/2- and 3-gal (5.7- and 11.4-L) kits. Each kit comes with pre-measured cans of curing agent. Universal Color Paks sold separately. Note: THC 901 (1.5/3 gal) 2/4 cans of curative.
Tremco THC 901 is available in 70 standard colors by using the Tremco Universal Color Paks. Tremco THC 901 is also available pre-tinted in Limestone or we can custom color match to virtually any color upon request.
Store THC-901 in original, undamaged packaging in a clean, dry, protected location with temperatures between 40 to 110 ˚F (5 to 43 ˚C).
THC-901 meets or exceeds the following specifications:
• U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-00227E, Class A, Type I
• ASTM C 920, Type M, Grade P, Class 25, Use T, M, & O
• USDA regulation for indirect food contact
• UL 2079 (ASTM E 1966), CAN-4-S115M
• Do not apply Tremco THC-901 over damp or contaminated surfaces.
• Not intended for continuous water immersion.
• Always utilize the accompanying MSDS for information on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Health Hazards.
Surfaces must be sound, clean, and dry. All release agents, existing waterproofing, dust, loose mortar, laitance, paints, or other finishes must be removed. This can be accomplished with a thorough wire brushing, grinding, sandblasting or solvent washing depending on the contamination.
Mix the color pak and curative in accordance with the mixing instructions noted on the pail. Continue mixing until there are no color striations within the sealant. Apply with conventional caulking equipment, filling in the joint completely. Fill the joint completely from the backer rod up, and allow the sealant to self-level to a smooth, even finish. The surface of THC-901 may need to be tooled slightly to obtain a desired finish. For a cleaner look, mask the sides of the joint with tape prior to filling. Tremco recommends installing a mock-up to determine acceptability of color, texture and adhesion.