SPETEC PUR GT500 is a single component, low viscosity, flexible hydrophilic polyurethane foam injection resin. Questions? Contact us
For leaking joints, identify if the cold joint runs vertically or horizontally. Injection holes have to be angle drilled into the joint. For leaking cracks, drill the injection holes in a zig-zag pattern around the crack to make sure that the injection hole intersects the crack.
PREPARATION OF THE SUBSTRATE
Drill at 45° angle into the crack or joint. Ideally the injection hole should intersect the joint or crack half way through the thickness of the wall or slab. Blow the dust out of the injection hole with a probe that reaches the back of the hole. Fix a packer of the right diameter into the injection hole.
PREPARATION OF THE PRODUCT
Read the technical and safety data sheets prior to commencement of the injection works.
PREPARATION OF THE EQUIPMENT
Depending on the application, injection can be carried out using a hand pump, pneumatic pump or electric pump. Use separate pumps for injection of water and polyurethane resin. Check that the pump is working properly. Prior to injection, the resin pump must be flushed with appropriate pump flush and be completely free of water to prevent pump blockage.
- Start the injection at the first packer; for vertical joints or cracks this is usually the lowest packer.
- Do not over pressurize while injecting; the correct injection pressure is the pressure that allows to resin to flow into the crack or joint. Avoid injecting at pressures of more than 1500psi (100bar).
- If unreacted resin comes out of the joint or crack, stop the injection and move on to the next packer.
- After the last injection of resin into the packer, shoot a little bit of water into the packer in order to make sure that the last injected resin will react as well.
- Only catalyze the resin you will use within the next few hours.
- Always flush the pump out at the end of the day. Resin left in thepump overnight can damage the pump.REQUIRED TOOLS
Drill and drill bits of appropriate diameter and length. Mechanical Packers of appropriate diameter and length. Injection pump; manual, pneumatic or electric.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
After the injection, clean the pump with Spetec Pump Cleaner. If the pump will not be used for several days, flush the Spetec Pump Cleaner out of the pump with lightweight motor oil or hydraulic fluid and leave it there until the next usage. Never rinse the pump with water. After injection, remove the packers from the concrete and fill the holes with a fast setting cement or any other appropriate filler material.
For certain application where a faster reaction time is needed a special fast catalyst can be used. Pump cleaner, Mechanical Packers, Oakum, and Injection Needles. SPETEC® I.T.S KIT or SPETEC® R-I.T.S SYSTEM must be ordered separately. See Technical Data Sheets.
ADVICE / FOCAL POINTS
Avoid injecting when temperatures are below -4°F (-20°C). In extreme cold conditions it is recommended to warm the resin and catalyst. Since SPETEC PUR GT500 is water-reactive, liquid water should be present.