- Start mixing with 5.5 pints (2.6 L) of water.
- An additional 0.5 pint (0.2 L) can be added if needed.
- Do not overwater as excess water will cause segregation.
- Add Sikacrete®-421 CI Rapid while continuing to mix. Mix to a uniform consistency, maximum 3 minutes. Mechanically mix with a low-speed drill (400–600 rpm) and paddle or in appropriate-size mortar mixer or concrete mixer.
- Pre-wet surface to SSD.
- Ensure good intimate contact with the substrate is achieved. To accomplish this, material should be scrubbed into the substrate or other suitable means should be employed such as vibration of the material or pumping under pressure.
- Vibrate form while pouring or pumping.
- Pump with a variable pressure pump.
- Continue pumping until a 3 to 5 psi increase in normal line pressure is evident then STOP pumping.
- Form should not deflect.
- Vent to be capped when steady flow is evident, and forms stripped when appropriate.
- As per ACI recommendations for Portland cement concrete, curing is required.
- Moist cure with wet burlap and polyethylene, a fine mist of water or a water based* compatible curing compound.
- Curing compounds adversely affect the adhesion of following lifts of mortar, leveling mortar or protective coatings.
- Moist curing should commence immediately after finishing. Protect freshly applied mortar from direct sunlight, wind, rain and frost.
* Pretesting of curing compound is recommended.
- 0.5 ft3 (0.01 m3)per bag
- (Coverage figures do not include allowance for surface profile and porosity or material waste)