Aquafin Vaportight SG3
100% Solids, Moisture mitigation and pH barrier coating
• Indoor and outdoor, new and existing concrete slabs: on grade, above grade, below grade and split slabs, old cementitious underlayment (no gypsum) and ceramic tiles with missing or damaged under-slab vapor barriers.
• Industrial/retail facilities, office buildings, supermarkets, food processing plants, airplane hangars, hospitals, schools, etc.
• One coat system – No sand broadcast
• Low viscosity, solvent free, no VOC’s
• For slabs with MVER up to 25 lbs and RH up to 100%
• ASTM E 96 perm rating ≤0.10
• Flooring system installed next day
• Can be applied to damp & green concrete (min. 5 days old)
• High alkalinity barrier (pH 14)
• Compatible with most flooring systems
• Does not support mold growth
• Great for indoor applications: low odor and non-flammable.
• SG3 passed Indoor Air Quality Material Emissions Test as per DIN EN ISO 16000 (Report CT-10-06-22-01:250005/2-3)
• Substrate and ambient temperatures must be between 45°F (8°C) and 95°F (35°C).
• All exterior applications must be protected from strong sunlight, wind and rain until fully cured.
• All interior applications must be protected from drafts to avoid “skinning over”.
• SG3 surface must be protected from bond inhibiting contaminants, i.e. dirt, dust and debris.
• Application equipment needed: Clean mixing containers, soft-edge squeegee, non-shed synthetic roller.
1. All surfaces must be saturated surface dry (SSD) with no standing water.
2. Pour Aquafin Vaportight SG3 in sufficient quantity over the area to be treated and uniformly distribute with a notched squeegee.
3. Follow with a non-shed roller, back rolling at right angle (90 degrees) to the squeegee application to achieve uniform coverage and let product cure for minimum 12 hours.
4. Re-treat “outgassing channels” and pin-holes by sanding surface, and cleaning with hot water. Make sure surface is dry and re-apply SG3.
5. Immediately clean all equipment and tools with mineral spirits.
• Do not spray apply SG3.
• Post-cracking of the concrete, slab warping or warping relaxation at joints or cracks after installation of the SG3 may cause a breach in the coating and void warranty.
• Do not apply over gypsum based substrates.
• Do not alter mixing ratios, thin or mix with Cab-O-Sil.
• Call Aquafin Technical Department for slabs with floor heating systems or installation recommendations for any substrates and conditions not listed.
Additional Information Contact Us