AQUAFIN 2K /M (in short 2K/M) is a state-of the art, asbestos free, cementitious, acrylic emulsion based, flexible protective coating and waterproof barrier. This product is two-component (powder and liquid) and resistant to water and mild abrasion. Questions? Contact Us
- Above or below grade exterior applications.
- Horizontal, vertical, or overhead applications to concrete, cementitious overlays, masonry, brick and parging (render).
- Above grade block (CMU) and concrete substrates as a waterproofing base coat under stucco/texture coats.
- Exterior waterproofing of new or old below grade foundations.
- Terraces and balconies over unoccupied space (stand-alone or under tiles), parapets, planter boxes, plaza decks, stadiums.
- Mechanical & equipment rooms.
- Underneath flexible thin-set tile mortars (i.e. shower pans, sanitary rooms, kitchens, balconies, etc.).
- Potable water, wastewater, sea water and marine aquarium tanks and other reinforced concrete structures.
1. Standard Application: Apply Aquafin 2K /M in two coats as specified. High ambient temperatures can create flash setting when product leaves the spray nozzle, creating pinholes in the applied layer. If applied in full sunshine product can skin-up on the surface and de-bond, resulting in post-bubbling.
- Apply 1st coat by brush to force material into the substrate.
- Apply 2nd coat (or multiple coats) as soon as the 1st coat has sufficiently hardened (approx. 4–6 hrs @ 68°F (20°C)/63% RH) or max. 24 hours. Do not pre-dampen 1st or following coats. (If longer than 24 hours, 2KM surface must be prepared by high pressure water blasting or sanding/roughening and allowed to dry). Apply by brush, roller, trowel or appropriate compressed-air spray equipment. If sprayed, even out and seal surface by back-troweling, brushing, rolling to achieve a void-free membrane.
- Thickness: 60 mils = 2×30 mils (2×0.8 mm) 80 mils = 2×40 mils (2×1.0 mm) 90 mils = 2×45 mils (2×1.1 mm).