AQUAFIN-1K is a cement-based, polymer modified, waterproof coating. Mixed with water it forms a dense, rigid surface barrier. It consists of portland cement, well graded quartz sand and polymer enhanced chemical ingredients. Questions about Aquafin 1K? Contact Us
- Protect application from direct sun and wind to prevent premature surface drying and shrinkage cracks.
- Apply material in 2 (two) coats minimum.
- All surfaces must be saturated surface dry (SSD) but with no standing water, immediately prior to application. Free surface water can inhibit bonding and weaken the coating.
- Apply using a tampico fibered brush, broom or masonry brush, broom or appropriate compressed-air spray equipment such as hopper gun, peristaltic pump (i.e. Quikspray carrousel pump) or rotor-stator pump (i.e. Hy-Flex “Spray Buddy”). Do not use roller.
- Application thickness per coat maximum 50 mils (1.25 mm) in areas exposed to the elements.
- Apply the second coat as soon as the first coat has set, but still ”green“. (Normally 4 – 6 hrs. indoors at 68°F (20°C), 60% rH.)
- Aqaufin 1K can be left as a brushed finish, or it can be troweled up by a skilled plasterer to a relatively smooth cementitious finish.
Mixing: Approximate mixing ratio (by volume) is: 5 parts powder to 2 parts water or 50 lb powder to 1.6 – 1.7 gal water (22.7 kg to 6.0 – 6.4 L) (Spray application up to 2.0 gal (7.6 L).). Add the “1K“ powder to water and mix for at least 3 minutes with a mechanical mixer to a creamy slurry consistency for brush or broom and to a pumpable consistency for spray applications.
[button style=”btn-danger” url=”https://www.schomburg.com/de/en/files/aquafin-1k-one-component-mineral-based-waterproof-slurry-negative-waterproofing/Folder_Aquafin-1K_GB_1114.pdf” target=”_blank” size=”btn-md”]Product Brochure[/button]