Aquafin joint tape 2000-S JOINT SEALING is bonded to concrete with AQUAFIN-2K/M flexible cementitious waterproofing material. Questions? Contact us
Refer to the AQUAFIN-2K/M Technical Data Sheet for mixing and application instructions.
Apply first (base) coat of AQUAFIN-2K/M, extending a minimum of 3/4” (20mm) beyond either side of tape. Immediately embed joint tape-2000-S into the first coat uniformly, leaving no wrinkles, using a trowel or similar tool. To connect tapes, afterinstalling the first tape, overlap a second tape a minimum of 4” (100mm) using AQUAFIN-2K/M.
Allow 3 to 4 hours to cure. Then, cover the JOINT SEALING TAPE-2000-S with a second coat of AQUAFIN-2K/M and smooth the surface with a damp brush. In expansion joints, allow as much slack in the tape as needed to allow joint movement.
Product: Material: Color: Thickness: VOC Content: UV Resistance: Elongation: Tear Resistance:
JOINT SEALING TAPE 2000-S membrane embedded in fabric backing white
>500 hrs. (DIN EN 150 ISO 4892-2) 600% (ASTM D-638)
2,175 psi (15.0 MPa)
(ASTM D-2240 – modified)
-8 ̊F (-22 ̊C) to 194 ̊F (90 ̊C)
• Resistant against boiling in sodium hydroxide with a pH of 12 • Resistant against boiling in 2% potassium hydroxide (minimum 10 minutes)
• Waterproof – resistant to hydrostatic pressure
• Highly resistant against oil, grease and solvents • Good weathering resistance
• Excellent decomposition resistance (microbes)
• Good UV resistance
• 43⁄4” (120 mm) x 164 ft. (50 m) rolls shipping weight: 5 lbs. (2 kg.)
• 8” (200 mm) x 164 ft. (50 m) rolls shipping weight: 8 lbs. (3.5 kg.)
A 46 lb. (21 kg) unit of AQUAFIN-2K/M adheres approximately 85 ft. of 43⁄4” wide tape or approximately 57 ft. of 8” wide tape.
Actual coverage may vary due to substrate conditions.
Do not use AQUAFIN JOINT SEALING TAPE-2000-S in negative side applications exposed to direct hydrostatic pressure.
Do not use AQUAFIN-1K as an adhesive for AQUAFIN JOINT SEALING TAPE-2000-S
Shelf Life: Two years, when stored in a dry, enclosed area, in original packaging.
Note: Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by AQUAFIN personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations and not for supervising or providing quality control on-site.