Tremco Spectrem 4: 1.5 Gal Sealant
Tremco Spectrem 4 is a multi-component, low-modulus, construction sealant with patented advanced silicone technology. Non-staining and low polar attraction to dirt increases aesthetic appearance. Tremco Spectrem 4 offers color flexibility with the opportunity to tint the material with color packs on site. Contact Us.
Formulated for use in dynamically moving building joints with +/- 50% movement. Typical applications for Spectrem 4-TS include EIFS, expansion and control joints, tilt-up panel joints, precast concrete panel joints, and perimeter caulking (windows, doors, panels).
- Extended Tooling Time and Workability: The product offers extended tooling time, allowing for ease of application even under high temperatures. Its superior workability makes it ideal for typical applications such as tilt-up panel joints, precast concrete panel joints, and perimeter caulking.
- Low Shore A Hardness: The low Shore A hardness of Spectrem 4-TS ensures flexibility and movement capability for joints with up to 50% movement. It effectively accommodates expansion and control joints, enhancing the durability and longevity of your structures.
- Low VOC and Zero Solvent Content: Committed to safety and environmental responsibility, the Spectrem 4-TS is formulated with low VOC and zero solvent content. The product meets stringent California VOC regulations.
- Non-Staining: Spectrem 4-TS is non-staining, making it safe for use on a variety of surfaces including porous substrates, EIFS, and white marble. It ensures a clean, professional finish every time.
- Color Versatility: The product can be mixed with Tremco Universal Color Packs to match the aesthetic of your project.
Designed for use on dynamically moving building joints with 50% movement capability, it can be applied for:
- Precast concrete panel joints
- Tilt-up panel joints
- Perimeter caulking of windows, doors, and panels
- Expansion and control joints
- Temperature Range: Applicable in a wide range of temperatures from 40 to 300°F.
- Max Elongation: High max elongation to accommodate for joint movement.
- Adequate Ventilation: As with all such products, ensure adequate ventilation when applying Spectrem 4-TS.
Tremco Spectrem 4-TS is available in a wide range of colors thanks to compatibility with Tremco Universal Color Packs. From classic white to nuanced white marble, you can pick the perfect hue for your project.
Mix in accordance with directions on the product container label. Mixing should continue until the desired uniform color is reached. Apply with conventional caulking equipment, filling the joint completely and tool.
For silicone sealants, the minimum sealant joint depth (D) at crown of backer rod is 1/8”(3 mm) and the maximum sealant joint depth at crown of backer rod is ½” (13mm). For joints that are wider than 1″ (25 mm), contact Tremco’s technical services or the Tremco sales representative nearest to the application site for additional support.
Window perimeter joints:
For fillet beads, or angle beads around windows and doors, the sealant should exhibit a minimum sealant contact depth [C] of 1/4″ (6.34 mm) onto each substrate. Proper joint backing or bond breaking must be implemented to allow the sealant to perform when exposed to joint movement.
Complete your Tremco system: