Tremco Dymonic FC is a fast cure, high performance, low modulus, one-component, moisture curing, modified polyurethane joint sealant.It is specifically developed for sealing dynamically moving joints such as: expansion and control joints, precast concrete panel joints, tilt-up panel joints, curtain wall joints and perimeter caulking. Questions about Tremco Dymonic FC? Contact us
Dymonic® FC is a high-performance, fast-curing, single-component, low- modulus, hybrid sealant, formulated with proprietary silane end-capped polymer technology.
Tremco’s Dymonic FC is a durable, flexible, sealant that offers excellent performance in moving joints and exhibits tenacious adhesion once fully cured. Typical applications for Dymonic FC include expansion and control joints, precast concrete panel joints, perimeter caulking (windows, door, panels), EIFS, aluminum, masonry and vinyl siding.
Features and Benefits
- Dymonic FC is fast curing with a skin time of 60 min and a tack-free time of 3 to 4 hr to significantly reduce dirt attraction.
- Will not green crack due to early movement and has an exceptional movement capability of ± 35%.
- Low-VOC, paintable and will not crack or craze under UV exposure.
- Dymonic FC is a high- performance hybrid that combines the best performance characteristics of polyurethane and silicone sealants.
- Substrate PreparationSurfaces must be sound and clean. All release agents, existing waterproofing, dust, loose mortar, paints, other finishes or field applied coating must be removed. This can be accomplished with a thorough wire brushing, grinding, sandblasting, or solvent washing, depending on the contamination.Tremco recommends that surface temperatures be 40 ̊F (5 ̊C) or above at the time the sealant is applied. If sealant must be applied in temperatures below 40 ̊F, please refer to the Tremco Technical Bulletin for Applying Sealants in Cold Conditions (No. S-08-44 rev 1) that can be found on our website at www.tremcosealants.comPrimingTremco Dymonic FC typically adheres to common construction substrates without primers; however, due to the variability of substrate finishes such as Kynar and anodized aluminum, Tremco always recommends that a mockup or field adhesion test be performed on the actual materials being used on the job to verify the need for a primer, proper cleaning and prep requirements. A description of the field adhesion test can be found in appendix X1 of ASTM C1193, Standard Guide for Use of Joint Sealants.Where deemed necessary, use TREMprime Silicone Porous Primer for porous surfaces and TREMprime Silicone Metal Primer for metals or plastics.
Dymonic FC is easy to apply with conventional caulking equipment.Fill the joint completely with a proper width-to-depth ratio and then tool to ensure intimate contact of sealant with joint walls.
Xylene can be used in limited amounts to slick the spatula if needed following the initial dry tooling.
For a cleaner finish, mask the sides of the joint with tape prior to filling.