SL2 Slope Grade MasterSeal is a multi-component, selfleveling, elastomeric polyurethane sealant that is mixed and poured in place. When cured, it forms a tough, resilient joint seal that resists penetration, abrasion, and remains flexible when exposed to weather and aging.1.5 gal pail. Applications this is typically used for are, horizontal, interior and exterior, expansion joints, control joints, pavers, plaza decks, industrial floors, driveways and garages, sidewalks, decks, parking structures, and pitch pans. Questions? Contact Us.
MasterSeal SL2 Compliances
- ASTM C 920, Type M, Grade P, Class 25, Use t, nt, m, a, o* and i
- Federal Specification TT-S-00227E, Type I, Class A
- Corps of Engineers CRD-C-506, Type I, Class A
- Canadian Specification CAN/CGSB 19.24-M90,Classification MCG-1-40-B-L, No. 81031
- CFI accepted
- USDA compliant for use in areas that handlemeat and poultry
* refer to substrates in Where to Use.
1.The product may be used in sealant joints designed in accordance with SWR Institute’s Sealants – The Professional’s Guide.
2. In optimal conditions, the depth of the sealant should be ½ the width of the joint. The sealant joint depth (measured at the center) should always fall between the maximum depth of ½” and the minimum depth of ¼”. Refer to Table 1.
3. In deep joints, the sealant depth must be controlled by closed cell backer rod or soft backer rod. Where the joint depth does not permit the use of backer rod, a bond breaker (polyethylene strip) must be used to prevent three-point bonding.
4. To maintain the recommended sealant depth, install backer rod by compressing and rolling it into the joint channel without stretching it lengthwise. Closed cell backer rod should be about 1⁄8″ (3 mm) larger in diameter than the width of the joint to allow for compression. Soft backer rod should be approximately 25% larger in diameter than the joint width. The sealant does not adhere to it, and no separate bond breaker is required. Do not prime or puncture the backer rod.