Dryvit AC-100: Acrylic Cement Admixture
Dryvit AC-100 is a premium formulation of acrylic polymers designed to be used as an admixture for Portland cement mixes. It improves adhesion and physical properties such as compressive strength and flexural strength. Dryvit AC-100 is a white, milky liquid and may replace some or all of the water normally used to prepare cement/sand mixes. Questions? Contact Us.
• With Portland cement plaster, stucco and fiber-modified plasters to increase bond strength, reduce cracking and improve impact strength and durability.
• With Portland cement plaster as a repair and patching mortar for vertical walls.
• With Portland cement plaster as a leveling mortar with a maximum thickness of 3/4 in (19 mm) on vertical walls.
• As a bonding agent over concrete and masonry surfaces to improve adhesion and reduce suction
Air cure. When exposed to rapid drying conditions from sun, wind, heat or low humidity, cover application with plastic sheeting.
Job Conditions: Air and surface temperature for the use of AC-100 must be 40 °F (4 °C) or higher and must remain so for a minimum of 24 hours.
Testing: Tests were run on 2 to 1 sand to cement mortars mixed with undiluted AC-100 and also with unmodified 2 to 1 sand to cement mortars. All mortars were cured for 28 days at 77 °F (25 °C) and 50% R.H.
For Portland cement plasters and stucco, blend water and AC-100 in a clean container in the proportions described in the section “Recommended Mixtures.” Add the AC-100 blend to the dry product gradually over a 2 to 3 minute mixing period until a uniform consistency appropriate for the application is obtained.
• For one-coat stucco and Portland cement plasters, preblend 1 part of AC-100 with 2 to 3 parts water by volume. This is approximately 2 quarts (1.9 L) of AC-100 per 80 lbs (36 kg) of dry mix. Adjust the amount added as necessary to achieve the proper working consistency. Avoid overly fluid compositions. Mechanical mixing may cause excessive foaming. Do not overmix.
• For patching, bonding and restoration grouts, blend 1 part water to 2 parts AC-100 by volume and add sufficient amounts to the mix to achieve the desired application consistency.
• For bonding, AC-100 is applied at full strength.