Dryvit Primer With Sand: Acrylic-Based Primer
Dryvit Primer with Sand is a pigmented water-based acrylic primer containing fine sand that can be applied over a variety of substrates. Fine sand content develops a uniform light textured surface that imparts grip and facilitates subsequent trowel application of Dryvit textured finishes. This greatly reduces the potential for balded areas that may occur when finishes are troweled over smooth, sealed surfaces. Questions? Contact Us.
• Interior applications where finish is applied over drywall.
• On stucco when a Dryvit Primer With Sand textured finish will be troweled over the stucco brown or finish coat. The primed surface is more uniform, producing superior uniform finish appearance.
• Under certain Accent color textured finishes. Should be tinted to a color similar to color of the Accent color finish.
• Prior to application of fine sand textured finishes.
• Whenever a primer is used prior to trowel application of Sandblast finish.
Drying Time: Will vary according to temperature, humidity, and porosity of surface coated. Under average conditions [70 °F (21 °C), 55%R.H.], Primer with Sand dries to the touch in 1 hour, and is sufficiently dry for application of finish in 3-4 hours. Protect from rain for at least four hours.
Job Conditions: Air and surface temperature for application of Primer With Sand must be 40 °F (4 °C) or higher and must remain so for a minimum of 24 hours. Temporary Protection: Shall be provided at all times until the base coat, finish and permanent flashings, sealants, etc. are completed to protect the wall from weather and other damage.
A roller is recommended for application of Primer with Sand. Sufficient material should be used to uniformly coat the substrate without runs or buildup of material. Maintain a wet edge and work to a logical wall break to minimize lap marks. Backroll the wet application immediately with all strokes downward. Product may also be applied over small areas using a brush. Brush application is difficult to
apply uniformly on large areas. Spray application must be done with air assisted airless or other type of spray equipment that will not be damaged by the fine sand content.