GE Elemax 2600 silicone air and water-resistive barrier (AWB) is a solvent free, fluid-applied, 100% silicone coating for AWB applications to coat and seal above-grade wall assemblies. GE Elemax 2600 silicone AWB coating provides long-term air and water protection from a variety of elements: temperature extremes, sunlight / UV radiation, rain and snow. Questions? Contact Us.
• Seamless, breathable membrane—Prevents water and air from entering the building, while allowing moisture vapor to escape.
• Simple One-coat Application—Elemax 2600 silicone AWB coating can be applied by spray, power roller or brush, and saves labor cost, resulting in a high value versus installed cost.
• Primerless Adhesion—Bonds strongly to many typical substrates without the need of a primer.
• Extended Temperature Range—Application range of 0°F to 150°F (-18°C to 66°C) and in-use temperature range of -40°F to 300°F (-40°C to 149°C) for any cladding / wall assembly design. Viscosity of product is minimally affected by temperature and does not require heating in cold climates.
• Rain Ready—Can be exposed to a medium to heavy rain in as little as 30 minutes.
• Fast Cure—For quick re-coat time and ease of touch-up.
• Application to Various Substrates—Elemax 2600 silicone AWB coating can be installed over various exterior wall substrates including poured concrete, CMU, glass mat gypsum sheathing, cement-board, plywood, OSB and exterior gypsum sheathing.
• Silicone Compatibility—Compatible with windows, doors, joints and features sealed using silicone.
• Clean Air GOLD—Certification states conformance to ANSI/ BIFMA e3 standard credits 7.6.1, 7.6.2 and/or credit 7.6.3, which includes California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Standard Method v1.2 01350 (2017), as well as conformance to low-emitting materials for WELL and LEED.
The Elemax Air & Water Barrier system can be applied under most seasonal conditions including during colder months. It is important to note that these silicone products will not bond to moist or wet substrates and caution should be used when applying in early morning hours when dew may be present, under colder conditions when frost may be present, or after rainfall when substrates may still contain residual moisture. Substrates must be clean, dry and frost free. Application may proceed under colder conditions as low as 0°F (-18°C) as long as the material is applied to a dry substrate. Do not apply Elemax 2600 silicone AWB coating onto substrates surfaces with temperature at or above 150°F (66°C).