Heydi K11: 60lb Kit Cement Crystalline Waterproofing
HEYDI K11 is a breathable, two-part, polymer-modified, cement-based system for waterproofing concrete and masonry. HEY’DI K-11 has a texture and consistency similar to concrete and may be brush or spray applied. HEY’DI K-11 becomes an integral part of the wall and waterproofs the negative or positive side through a crystallization process. HEY’DI SB is the bonding agent used with HEY’DI K-11. It improves adhesion and flexibility, and reduces the permeability of the system. HEY’DI K-11 must be allowed to cure before applying a finishing floor system. Questions about Heydi k11? Contact us
Surface Preparation: New concrete and masonry must be cured a minimum of 7 days. The surface must be structurally sound, clean and free of dirt, oil and other contaminants including curing compounds, form release agents, old coatings, paint and efflorescence. All concrete laitance must also be removed. Provide an absorptive surface on all substrates including precast and formed concrete. The surface must have an open capillary system for adhesion and for optimum crystalline growth. Remove form marks and other protrusions. Concrete honeycombs, cavities, joints, cracks, voids, tie holes and other defects must be opened and routed to sound material. Follow the recommended methods for repairing defects as suggested below. No active water leaks should be present at the time of application of HEY’DI K-11. Use the HEY’DI POWDER X SYSTEM to seal active leaks.
Mixing (25 lb. Contractor Kit): The included gallon of HEY’DI SB BONDING AGENT is ready to use, and does not require dilution with water. Pour approximately 0.50 gal (1.9 L) of the included mixing liquid into a clean container and begin slow speed power mixing. Slowly add HEY’DI K-11. Gradually add more mixing liquid to bring the mixture to the consistency of a completely blended slurry. Mixing 25 lb (11.4 kg) of HEY’DI K-11 will require 0.75 to 1 gal (2.84 to 3.80 L) of mixing liquid. When mixing is completed, do not add additional mixing liquid and do not retemper the mix by adding water.
Mixing (50 lb Bags): Positive Side Waterproofing: Blend a 1:5 ratio of HEY’DI SB BONDING AGENT with potable water to make the “mixing liquid”. Negative Side Waterproofing, blend a 1:3 ratio of HEY’DI SB BONDING AGENT with potable water to make the “mixing liquid”. To mix a 50 lb (22.7 kg) bag of HEY’DI K-11, pour approximately one gal (3.8 L) of mixing liquid into a clean container and begin slow speed power mixing. Slowly add HEY’DI K-11. Gradually add more mixing liquid to bring the mixture to the consistency of a completely blended slurry. Mixing 50 lb (22.7 kg) of HEY’DI K-11 will require a 11⁄2 to 2 gal (5.68 to 7.57 L) of mixing liquid. When mixing is completed, do not retemper the mix by adding additional mixing liquid.
• Do not re-temper HEY’DI K-11.
• Do not apply to frozen or frost filled surfaces or when temperature is below or expected to fall below 40°F (4°C) within 48 hours.
• Do not apply HEY’DI K-11 at temperatures above 90°F (32°C), unless the surface has been fully saturated with water at the time the application begins.
• HEYDI K11 is not designed as a wearing surface. Apply a protective topcoat before subjecting it to traffic. For examples on fixing pool leaks check out our blog!
• When applied to the inside of open cisterns, tanks, pools, etc., do not fill with water for at least 7 days after application.
• Ensure that adequate ventilation is available during the application and the full curing period when using HEY’DI K-11 containing HEY’DI SB BONDING AGENT in enclosed tanks or reservoirs. Allow minimum 7 days drying time before backfilling unless protection board is used.
• Allow 7 days cure at 75°F (24°C) before covering or before the application of waterbased decorative coatings.
• Do not apply coatings containing lime over HEY’DI K-11.
• Allow minimum 7 days cure before exposing HEY’DI K-11 to water pressure or any contact with water.
• When HEY’DI K-11 is used in areas exposed to chemicals or high-sulfate containing soils, consult technical service for to contamination, efflorescence or chemical attack.
• In all cases, consult the Safety Data Sheet before use.