Masterseal 350: Epoxy Overlay 10Gal. Unit
MasterSeal 350 Applications
- Horizontal surfaces
- Interior and exterior
- Bridge decks
- Steel decks
- Warehouse floors
- Elevated airport runways
- One-to-one mix ratio by volume simplifies application
- Durable surface extends service life
- No primer required for faster installation
- 100% solids
- Rapid strength development helps minimize traffic disruption
- Waterproof to prevent chloride ion contamination, freeze-thaw damage and salt scaling
- 90% lighter than typical concrete overlays to limit dead load in suspended structures
- Excellent adhesion to the substrate to prevent delamination and extend surface life
- Skid resistant increasing safety for vehicles and pedestrians
HOW TO APPLY SURFACE PREPARATION
Uncoated Metal Surfaces:
Remove dust, debris and any other contaminants from vent, drain pipe and post penetrations, reglets and other metal surfaces. Clean surfaces to near white per SSPC-NACE2.
1. Concrete must be fully cured (28 days), structurally sound, clean and dry (ASTM D 4263). All concrete surfaces (new and old) must be shot blasted to remove previous coatings, laitance and all miscellaneous surface contamination and to provide profile for proper adhesion. Abrasive shot blasting must occur after concrete repair has taken place. Acid-etching is not permitted. Proper profile should be a minimum of ICRI CSP-5 (as described in ICRI document 03732.)
2. Repair voids and delaminated areas with Master Builders Solutions branded cementitious and epoxy patching materials. For application when fast-turn repairs are required, MasterSeal 350 can be used to repair patches up to 1.5″ in depth when used in aggregate slurry mix. Please refer to the MasterSeal 350 Technical Data Guide for proper application techniques.
3. All units must be applied within the specified pot life.
- Thoroughly mix each separate component for 2–3 minutes.
- Mix Part A (resin) and Part B (hardener) in the proper ratio (1:1 by volume), using a slow-speed drill (500 rpm) and paddle for 2–3 minutes.
- Because of the quick cure rate of this product, do not mix more material than can be applied within the pot life of 15–25 minutes at 75˚F (24˚C). Elevated temperatures decrease pot life, and reduced temperatures increase pot life.
- The maximum recoat window for additional coats of MasterSeal 350 is 24 hours.
- Parking Decks: 40 – 60 ft2 /gallon (1.0 – 1.5 m2 /L), depending on porosity and profile of substrate
- Bridge Decks: 20 – 40 ft2 /gallon (0.5 – 1.0 m2 /L), depending on porosity and profile of substrate
- 80 ft2 /gallon (1.96 m2 /L) as a primer for epoxy binder
- Binder yield varies depending on mix ratio (aggregate to epoxy) and aggregate size and gradation.
- Mortar Mix Yield: A ratio of 3 GAL Sand + 1 GAL mixed MasterSeal 350 = 2.8 GAL mortar mix (650 in3)
Material Safety Data Sheets:
- Part A
- Part B
Questions? Contact us!