Watson Bowman WaboCrete 2 Features and Benefits
- Fast Curing:
- Short traffic closures. Traffic can be received depending on temperature, typically within one hour of completion.
- Abrasion Resistant:
- Accommodates heavy and repetitive impact loading and prevents further deterioration. No salt or freeze thaw damage.
- Will bond to sound concrete, steel, and aluminum surfaces. Has the ability to bond tenaciously to itself monolithically.
- The use of Wabo Bonding agent prevents any inherent moisture in the concrete from interfacing with WaboCrete 2
- As an expansion joint header/nosing for various expansion joint systems
- Spall repair of existing joint headers/nosing applications.
- Void filler
- WaboCrete 2 mix:
- Part A Activator – ½ gal container
- Part B Resin – 1 gal container (8.75lbs)
- Part C Aggregate – 5 gal container (60lbs)
- A+B+C = One Unit
- One Unit = 1030 cubic inches or 0.6 cubic feet
- Wabo Bonding Agent:
- Part A – 1 qt
- Part B – 1 qt
- For newly placed concrete, the joint interface must be dry and clean (free of dirt, coatings, rust, grease, oil, and other contaminants), sound and durable. New concrete must be cured (minimum of 14 days).
- For aged concrete, the joint interface should be sound. Loose, contaminated, weak, spalled, deteriorated and/or delaminated concrete must be removed to sound concrete. Any spalling, voids, or structural cracking at the joint interface must be repaired.
- Concrete substrates must be abrasive blasted to remove all latencies and contaminants which may cause bonding problems. Steel substrates must be sound and abrasive blasted SP-10, near white, immediately prior to installation.
- Wabo Bonding Agent prevents any inherent moisture in the concrete from interfacing with Wabo Crete 2. Maximum moisture content allowed for installation is 5%. Apply Wabo Bonding Agent (primer) to surface of the properly prepared concrete prior to installation of WaboCrete 2. Do not use Wabo Bonding Agent on steel substrates. There must be no visible moisture prior to the application of the primer. Primer can be brush applied. DO NOT allow primer to cure prior to placement of Watson Bowman WaboCrete 2.
- Thoroughly pre-mix (20 seconds) Part B separately before pouring entire contents of Part B into clean 5 gallon container. Add Part A and mix both components with a power mixer equipped with a butterfly paddle for approximately 30 seconds, or until well blended.
- Slowly add the aggregate component to the mixed liquids and mix until all aggregate is coated (approximately 1 minute). This mix can be poured into the properly prepared blockout, in which the primer is still wet. The material will flow and self-level.
- For sloped conditions, add Wabo Non Flow Additive during liquid-aggregate mixing.
For Best Results:
- Install when concrete substrate is clean, sound, dry, and cured (14 day minimum).
- Do not allow any of the components to freeze prior to installation. Store all components out of direct sunlight in a dry location between 50˚F (10˚C) and 90˚F (32˚C).
- Do not install when surface temperatures are less than 40˚F (4˚C).
- Shelf life of components is approximately 1 year. Shelf life of WaboCrete 2 is 18 months.
- Periodically inspect the applied material and repair localized areas as needed. Consult a Watson Bowman Acme representative for additional information.
- Make certain the most current version of the product data sheet is being used.
For More Information: Contact Us