Masterseal NP 150 Surface Prep.
Substrates must be structurally sound, fully cured, dry and clean. Substrates should always be free of the following: dirt, loose particles, oil, grease, asphalt, tar, paint, wax, rust, waterproofing or curing and parting compounds, membrane materials and sealant residue.
1.MasterSeal NP 150 comes ready to use. Apply using professional grade caulking gun. Do not open pails until preparatory work has been completed.
2.Fill joints from the deepest point to the surface by holding an appropriately sized nozzle against the back of the joint.
3.Dry tooling is recommended. Proper tooling results in the correct bead shape, neat joints, and optimal adhesion.
4.MasterSeal NP 150 can be applied below freezing temperatures down to 10 °F only if substrates are completely dry, free of moisture and clean.
The cure of MasterSeal NP 150 varies with temperature and humidity. The following times assume 75 °F (24 °C), 50% relative humidity, and a joint ½” width by ¼” depth (13 by 6 mm).
–Skins: 60–90 minutes
–Full cure: approximately 1 week
–Immersion service: 21 days
1.Immediately after use, clean equipment. Use proper precautions when handling solvents.
2.Remove cured sealant by cutting with a sharp-edged tool.
3.Remove thin films by abrading.
Applicable Substrates for Masterseal NP 150
- Fiber cement siding
- Superior adhesion results in a long-lasting
bond, helping to reduce call backs
- Low modulus to accommodate for joint
movement (100% extension in EIFS joints with
little stress on bond line)
- Can be painted with elastomeric coatings soon
- Easy to gun and tool, speeding up application
- Wide temperature application range
- Weather resistant for long-lasting
- Fast curing helps to speed up jobsite production
- Non-staining formula for use on stone and
other sensitive substrates
- Meets all state and federal VOC regulations
- Can adhere to green concrete in as little as
72 hours after pour
- Adheres to low energy surfaces including
polyethylene, polypropylene, and polyolefins
15 months when properly stored.