MasterSeal AWB 660: Fluid Applied Air Barrier 5 gallon pail
MasterSeal AWB 660 is a one-component, fluid-applied vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier. This waterproof, resilient coating may be spray, roller, brush, or trowel- applied directly to approved above grade wall substrates. It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind
most wall claddings including brick, siding and metal panels.
Substrate shall be dry, clean, sound and free of release agents,
paint or other residue or coatings. Verify substrate is flat, free of
fins or planar irregularities greater than 6.4 mm in 3 m (1/4” in 10’).
Unsatisfactory conditions shall be reported to the general contractor
and corrected before application of apply MasterSeal AWB 660.
1. Use directly from original packaging or prepare in a container that is
clean and free of foreign substances. Do not use a container which
has contained or been cleaned with a petroleum-based product.
2. Mix AWB 660 with a clean, rust-free paddle and drill
until thoroughly blended. Dilution of AWB 660 is not
3. Additives other than MasterSeal AWB 960 AC are not permitted.
4. Close container when not in use.
5. Clean tools and equipment with water immediately after use. Dried
material can only be removed mechanically.
MasterSeal AWB 971 FIB:
- 4″: 4″ x 180 ft (101.5mm x 54.8 m) roll
- 6″: 6″ x 180 ft (152.4 mm x 54.8 m) roll
- 9″: 9″ x 180 ft (228.5 mm x 54.8 m) roll
- MasterSeal AWB 975 FIB pieces per despenser box.
To apply AWB 660 at ambient temperatures below 4 °C (40 °F) but greater than -4 °C (25 °F), thoroughly blend 1 full quart of MasterSeal AWB 960 AC with one full 5- gallon pail of AWB 660. When using AWB 960 AC, extended drying time can be expected. Do not apply AWB 660 to frozen or frost-laden substrates. Do not apply AWB 660 in ambient temperatures below 4 °C (40 °F) or onto substrates below 4 °C (40 °F) unless MasterSeal AWB 960 AC is used. Walls shall be capped to prevent moisture and precipitation from entering wall during construction. Limit the weather exposure of apply AWB 660 to a maximum of 180 days.
Shelf Life: 2 years, when stored properly (40-49 °F)
For further questions about this product, please feel free to contact us!