GE Silpruf SCS2000 sealant & adhesive is a dual-purpose silicone and is a candidate for use in both weather sealing and structural glazing applications. Silpruf SCS2000 is a one-component, medium modulus, netutral cure silicone useful on a wide variety of materials in new or remedial applications. Sold in case of 12 sausages
SCS2000 SilPruf sealant is a versatile candidate for both weathersealing and structural glazing applications. It forms a durable seal to withstand high joint movement and extreme weather exposure for decades.
Made of 100% silicone with a neutral cure, SCS2000 GE SilPruf sealant has the movement capability that complex designs require. It maintains its flexibility and strength, even after decades of exposure to weather and UV radiation. Air and water tight, it can protect window perimeters, punched openings, flashings, and other critical junctions. Plus, it has the elasticity to handle high-force winds and severe impact.
SCS2000 SilPruf sealant securely bonds without a primer to most substrates and finishes, including glass, polycarbonate, vinyl, plastics, coated and anodized aluminum, concrete, brick, wood, terracotta, natural stone, ceramic, porcelain, and EIFS.
Adhesion—Primerless adhesion to many substrates and finishes. May be considered a candidate for use with numerous construction-related materials, including: glass, polycarbonate, vinyl, numerous plastics, treated and untreated wood, fluoropolymer and powder coated paints, conversion-coated and anodized aluminum, EIFS, brick, terra-cotta, ceramic and porcelain materials, concrete and natural stones. Some finishes or substrates may require a primer.
- Thermal Stability (cured state)—Once cured, the material remains elastic over a range of -55°F (-48°C) to 300°F (149°C) and up to 400°F (204°C) under intermittent short-term exposure.
- Stable Consistency (uncured state)—Supplied as a lightweight paste, the consistency of which remains relatively unchanged over a wide temperature range. The paste is able to be easily gunned and tooled under hot and cold conditions.
- ExtendedWorkLife—Designedtoallowtheusersufficienttime for placement and tooling.
- LowSagorSlump—Usefulforapplicationtohorizontal, vertical or overhead surfaces.Product Compatibility• Full adhesive and chemical compatibility with GE sealants’ silicone elastomeric coatings (SilShield*) product family and silicone pre-cured weatherstrip (UltraSpan*) product family.
- Compatible with these GE sealants insulating glass products: IGS3703, IGS3713, IGS3723, IGS3743.• Compatible with these GE sealants weatherproofing products: SCS2700, SCS9000, SCS2800, US1100, SEC2400, SEC2500.• Compatible with these GE sealants structural products SSG4000, SSG4000AC, SSG4800J, SSG4400, SSG4000E, SSG4600.