GE Optic 3101 Applications
• Brick, natural stones, and other surfaces where significant appearance change is undesirable.
• Glass block walls, skylights, stained glass windows, daylighting features, shelters, and other substrates through which light transmission is required.
• Applications requiring anti-graffiti performance. Optic coating should not be considered for:
• Walking or traffic surfaces.
• Continuous water immersion applications.
• Surfaces which are wet, dusty, oily, mildewed, heavily chalked, blistered or structurally unsound.
• Light transmission applications where clear sight through the substrate is required.
GE 3101 Optic coating can be applied using rollers, power rollers, brushes, or power sprayers. Rollers should be solvent resistant and utilize the minimum nap possible that still achieves continuous coverage. Achieving the most consistent coating thickness possible is important to final appearance. Varying coating thicknesses can lead to a mottled appearance as the coating begins to appear milky in areas where the thickness is increased. Contact a technical representative for power roller and power spraying recommendations. Clean up of equipment containing uncured material may be accomplished by flushing with mineral spirits. Coating should not be left in equipment and hoses for prolonged periods of time unless all hoses, piping connections and pump seals are vapor locked and lined/sealed with materials designed to prevent product from curing and adhering internally. Inadequate lining and seals will allow sufficient moisture vapor intrusion to gradually form cured material on hose walls and connections, resulting in increased operating pressures and material flow restrictions.
Maximum possible coverage rate at 10 mils (254 microns) DFT is 117 ft2/gallon based on solids content. Actual coverage rates should be verified using a mockup and will vary based on substrate texture, porosity, application method, applicator and other factors.
Finish your GE System:
GE Silglaze 2801 Tubes
Product Safety, Handling and Storage
Customers considering the use of this product should review the latest Safety Data Sheet and label for product safety information, handling instructions, personal protective equipment if necessary, and any special storage conditions required. Safety Data Sheets are available.