GE SilGlaze II 2801 Clear 10.1oz Tube
GE SilGlaze II silicone sealant is a neutral, one-part, medium modulus, fast cure silicone sealant. In the early hours of curing, it is able to develop consequential green strength. SCS2800 SilGlaze II silicone sealant could be an outstanding choice for use as a glazing sealant in remedial or new applications, in general-purpose weather, as well as a seal bedding in the construction of commercial and residential windows and doors. Questions? Contact us
- Start by installing backup material for joint filler or joint, tapes, spacer shims and setting blocks as required.
- In a successive operation, apply SCS2800 SilGlaze II sealant horizontally in one direction and vertically from the bottom to the top of the joint opening.
- Apply the sealant with a positive pressure by pushing the bead ahead of the nozzle and making sure that the entire cavity is filled sans air pockets or voids.
- Tooling must be done neatly to force the sealant to get into contact with the sides of the cavity or joint to help assure good substrate contact and to eliminate any internal voids.
- Due to the smooth consistency of SCS2800 SilGlaze II sealant tooling agents such soap, detergent solutions or water are not required nor recommended. We recommend dry tooling.
- For cap bead glazing the sealant applied to the sill should be tooled in such a fashion to prevent pooling of cleaning solution and precipitation.
- Sealant should only be applied to surfaces that are free of frost, dry and clean..
GE Silglaze with Its exceptional weatherability and elasticity assure that joint and window seals remain durable for decades with both remedial and new projects.
With its fast-cure rate and easy application, SCS2800 sealant is an excellent choice for projects that require immediate handling—field glazing, constructing and installing doors and windows or general-purpose sealing. It is highly resistant to extreme weather and UV radiation and remains flexible permanently for a long service life.
SCS2800 GE Silglaze II sealant can quickly and securely bond to a variety of substrates without a primer, including polycarbonate, glass, vinyl, treated and untreated wood, numerous plastics, coated aluminum, fluoropolymer and powder coated paints, porcelain materials and ceramic Primer may be required for some substrates or finishes.