Dryvit Ferros: Decorative Finish and Primer
Dryvit Ferros finish provides a modern and elegant look for either interior or exterior applications. The final appearance replicates the well-known effect of rusting metal or steel with distinct oxidations. In addition to its unique appearance, Dryvit Ferros finish is water-based and has hydrophobic qualities that repel liquids and contaminants. Ferros finish forms a breathable film having excellent resistance to abrasion and long term weathering. Questions? Contact Us.
Interior: Ferros finish may be applied over most common interior building materials including properly prepared and primed gypsum wallboard, cement board, plaster, concrete and masonry. Surface quality of the substrates before application should be equal to a Level 4 drywall finish or better.
Exterior: Ferros finish can be applied over properly prepared and primed exterior cement plaster, concrete, metal, masonry and a Dryvit base coat.
Testing Information: For individual test data on this product’s properties, refer to the chart included within this document.
General: Simply stir by hand and start applying per the instructions and application video on our website. To create the colors displayed in the catalog, apply by either trowel or brush as detailed in the application video. Use of Ferros Primer 1200 series is required to duplicate the catalog samples and achieve product performance.
Ferros Primer 1200 Application:
• Dilution: 10 – 15% with water
• Application Temperature: 40 – 90 ºF (4 – 32 ºC)
• Shelf Life: 24 months in unopened and properly stored containers.
• Overpainting: 4 – 6 hours
• Method of Primer Application: Roller, brush or spray. Apply in 1 or 2 coats as needed to achieve 100% uniform coverage of substrate.
Ferros Finish Application:
Ferros has two different finish effects, troweled and dripping. Select your desired finish option effect before you begin application of the finish. Hand stir the finish before using.
• Dilution: do not dilute.
• Color: rusted metallic
• Temperature: 50 – 80 ºF (10 – 27 ºC).
• Shelf Life: 12 months in unopened, properly stored containers.
• Number of Coats: 1 or 2, depending upon desired appearance and performance.
• Overcoating: 3 – 4 hours
• Method of Application: Brush or trowel. Apply in 1 or 2 coats as needed. DO NOT apply to hot surfaces or in direct sunlight, as it is necessary to keep the finish open to manipulate the effect. Protect applied finish for 24 hours from water (rain or fog) and from touch.