Dryvit HDP Finishes: Hydrophobic Properties Finishes
Dryvit HDP finishes are premixed 100% acrylic-based finishes which are offered in five textures(Quarzputz HDP, Sandblast HDP, Sandpebble HDP, Sandpebble Fine HDP, and LymestoneHDP). Standard colors as well as custom colors are available. Dryvit HDP finishes are hydrophobic; they repel water, resulting in less dirt pick up and a cleaner wall appearance. Questions? Contact Us.
HDP finishes are durable architectural finishes providing surface color and texture for Dryvit systems. These finishes can also be applied over properly prepared substrates such as exterior masonry, stucco, precast or cast-in-place concrete and other acceptable substrates.
• Wall surface must be smooth and free of imperfections to ensure satisfactory finish appearance.
• Interior or exterior surfaces must be above 40 °F (4 °C) and must be clean, dry, structurally sound and free of efflorescence, grease, oil, form release agents and curing compounds.
• Dryvit Reinforced Base Coat: The base coat must be dry and cure for a minimum of 24 hours before application of any finish.
• Concrete: Shall have cured a minimum of 28 days prior to application of the finishes. If efflorescence, form release agents or curing compounds are present on the concrete surface, the surface shall be thoroughly washed with muriatic acid and flushed to remove residual acid. All projections shall be removed and small voids filled with Dryvit Primus, Primus DM, Genesis or Genesis DM mixture (see product data sheets for mixing and application). Dryvit Color Prime™ shall be applied to the prepared concrete surface (see product data sheet for mixing and application) prior to application of the finish.
• Masonry: The masonry surface, with joints struck flush, shall be “skim coated” with Primus, Primus DM, Genesis or Genesis DM mixture (see product data sheets for mixing and application) to produce a smooth, level surface.
• Stucco: Dryvit Color Prime, Color Prime W™ or Primer with Sand™ shall be applied over the cured brown coat surface (see product data sheet for mixing and application) prior to applying the finish. If additives are present in the stucco, a test patch shall be made and bond strength checked prior to application.
Check out our other Dryvit Pages: