Gray Powder Color
▪ Where exceptional one day and ultimate compressive strengths are required.
▪ Applications requiring a pumpable grout.
▪ Non-shrink grouting of machinery and equipment, base plates sole plates, precast panels, beams, columns and curtain walls.
▪ Applications where a non-shrink grout is needed for maximum effective bearing area to transfer optimum load.
▪ For underwater application in conjunction with Sikament® 100 SC. Consult Technical Service for dosage information. Independent test data is available however on site testing is recommended to confirm performance under actual field conditions.
▪ For grouting rebar, bolts, dowels and pins, etc.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES:
▪ Multiple fluidity with one material
▪ Reaches 10,000 psi in dry pack consistency
▪ Outstanding performance in fluid state
▪ Extended working time
▪ Excellent fluidity – sufficient time for placement
▪ Contains premium quality quartz aggregate
▪ Hardens free of segregation
▪ Non-metallic, will not stain or rust
▪ Shows positive expansion
APPROVALS / STANDARDS:
▪ Meets ASTM-C 1107 (Grade B & C)
▪ SikaGrout 328 is USDA certifiable
▪Surface must be clean and sound. Remove all deteriorated concrete, dirt, oil, grease, and other bond-inhibiting materials from the area to be repaired.
▪Anchor bolts to be grouted must be de-greased with suitable solvent.
▪Concrete must be sound and roughened to promote mechanical adhesion.
▪To ensure optimum repair results, the effectiveness of decontamination and preparation should be assessed by a pull-off test.
▪Substrate should be Saturated Surface Dry (SSD) with clean water prior to application. No standing water should remain during application.
▪ For pourable grout, construct forms to retain grout without leakage.
▪ Forms should be lined or coated with bond-breaker for easy removal.
▪ Forms should be sufficiently high to accommodate head of grout.
▪ Where grout-tight form is difficult to achieve, use SikaGrout 328 in dry pack consistency.
▪ Pour the water in the recommended proportion into a suitable mixing container.
▪ DO NOT OVER WATER!
▪ Ambient and material temperature should be as close as possible to 70 °F. If higher, use cold water; if colder, use warm water.
▪ While mixing slowly, add the powder to the water.
▪ Mix thoroughly for at least 5 minutes with low speed (400-600 rpm) using a Sika mixing paddle or a jiffy paddle to avoid entraining too much air and until homogenous with no lumps.
EXTENSION WITH AGGREGATES:
▪ For deeper applications (plastic and flowable consistency only), 25 lbs. of 3/8″ (9.5 mm) coarse aggregate can be added.
▪ The aggregate must be non-reactive (reference ASTM C-1260, C-227 and C-289), clean, well graded, saturated surface dry, have low absorption and high density, and comply with ASTM C-33 size number 8 per Table 2.
▪ Variances in aggregate may result in different strengths.
▪ Add pea gravel after the water and SikaGrout 328.
▪ Within 60 minutes after mixing, place grout into forms in normal manner to avoid air entrapment.
▪ Vibrate, pump, or ram grout as necessary to achieve flow or compaction.
▪ SikaGrout 328 must be confined leaving minimum exposed surface.
▪ After grout has achieved final set, remove forms, trim or shape exposed grout shoulders to designed profile.
▪ SikaGrout 328 is an excellent grout for pumping, even at high flow. For pump recommendations, contact Technical Service.
Wet cure for a minimum of 3 days or apply a curing compound which complies with ASTM C-309 on exposed surfaces.
▪ Do not use as a patching or overlay mortar or in unconfined areas.
▪ As with all cement based materials, avoid contact with aluminum to prevent adverse chemical reaction and possible product failure. Insulate potential areas of contact by coating aluminum bars, rails, posts etc. with an appropriate epoxy such as Sikadur 32 Hi-Mod.
Questions? Contact Us