Willseal Seismic is a pre-compressed, self-expanding open micro-cell polyurethane foam impregnated with a hydrophobic, acrylic polymer sealing compound coated with a factory-applied silicone sealant. It is designed to provide a watertight, dust-proof, airtight, noise-reducing, thermally insulating, and UV stable primary seal that does not require invasive anchoring for installation. Questions? Contact Us.
[button style=”btn-danger” url=”https://www.tremcosealants.com/markets/commercial/expansion-joints/” target=”_blank” size=”btn-md”]Tremco Selection Guide[/button]
Willseal Seismic is a one-step primary sealant for exposed areas where color matching is important. It has a puncture resistant, elastomeric coating on the exterior surface, which can be factory colored to match most construction substrates or sealants. The joint is watertight and color matched.
Willseal® Seismic is a one-step primary sealant for exposed areas where color matching is important. It has a puncture-resistant, elastomeric coating on the exterior surface, which can be factory colored to match most construction substrates or sealants.
• Allows for up to 100% (±50%) movement
• Accommodates rapid rates of joint movement
• Has excellent compression recovery
• Is supplied in pre-compressed state for ease of installation
• Utilizes non-invasive anchoring
• Is not based on wax, asphalt or bitumastic impregnation
Willseal Seismic is available from your authorized Tremco distributor, and directly through Tremco and Willseal sales representatives
• Tremco Spectrem colors: White, Precast White, Ivory, Sandstone, Buff, Off-White, Limestone, Anodized Aluminum, Gray, Aluminum
Stone, Light Bronze, Champagne, Dusty Rose, Adobe Tan, Rustic Brick, Charcoal, Bronze, Dark Bronze, Black
• Dow 790 colors
• Pecora 890 colors
• Verify that the joint is clean, sound and will provide an appropriate surface for installation of the joint sealant
• Check material for the appropriate lengths, widths and depths
• Run a 3/8” bead of the supplied silicone adhesive along both sides of the joint approximately ½” – ¾” back from the substrate surface, for larger joints use the supplied epoxy
• When fully prepared to install, remove the shrink packaging, hardboard and both release liners from the precompressed joint. *NOTE* Willseal Seismic joints smaller than 4” typically have a PSA (Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive) applied to one sidewall of the stick (typically the release liner is white); when installing Willseal Seismic at sizes smaller than 4” press the side of the joint with the PSA against that substrate to activate the PSA. For the sidewall opposite the PSA, utilize the supplied silicone as the sidewall adhesive. The expansive force of the Willseal Seismic will work in conjunction with the adhesive to maintain its position
• Once the joint is installed, run a ¼” bead of the supplied silicone adhesive along both sides of the face of the joint along the substrate face
• Run the supplied silicone accessory over all seams and transitions to allow for a clean, aesthetic finish
• Remove any excess silicone left on the surface of the material or substrate.
• Do not reuse waste material