A polyurethane top coat known as MasterSeal TC 225 is used in MasterSeal Traffic 1500 deck coating systems. The moisture-curing MasterSeal TC 225, has only one component and is UV-resistant. In pedestrian applications, the MasterSeal TC 225 Tint Base product supports a range of colors. Read on to learn all about the uses of MasterSeal TC 225 and key product details!
Product Highlights of MasterSeal TC 225
- UV-resistant, one-component waterproofing coating
- Easy to prepare, thereby reducing on-site labor costs
- Available in 40 standard colors (pedestrian use only) with the MasterSeal TC 225 Tint Base. This includes grey, charcoal, tan, and dark tan.
- Lower-filled pails of the MasterSeal TC 225 Tint Base material enables an easier mixing experience with the integrated, MasterSeal 945 aggregate
Industry and Applications of MasterSeal TC 225
- Plywood Decks/Balconies
- Plaza Decks
- Parking Garages
- Commercial Construction
- Building and Restoration
Important Application Details
Cleaning the asphalt surface is the first step to take when applying the TC 225 Masterseal Traffic 1500 coating on top. Following that, if further protection is required due to certain environmental factors or traffic loads, you may add another layer. This enables you to adjust your protective layer levels according to the regional climate or specific vehicular traffic levels.
Note that the MasterSeal TC 225 Tint Base is not designed for vehicular use and is only meant for pedestrian settings. To obtain the appropriate color tint, use two (2) Master Builders Solutions MasterSeal 900 color packets per five gallons of MasterSeal TC 225 Tint base. Only one (1) MasterSeal 900 color pack needs to be used when using MasterSeal TC 225 short-filled pails (only 2.5-gallon fill). A second layer of MasterSeal TC 225 Tint Base may be necessary for adequate concealment following installation.
We also recommend following these tips for the best results:
- Do not whip air into the tint base.
- Ensure your pigment cans are mixed thoroughly into the tint base.
- To ensure desired color appearance and slip resistance, conduct a test in a smaller area.
- Do not apply the MasterSeal TC 225 tint base heavier than the recommended 15−20 mil (0.38−0.51 mm).
- Account for color fading upon exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. This applies especially to darker colors.
- Note that aggregate and substrate conditions may affect the final color and appearance.
Why Buy Masterseal TC 225 from Metro Sealant?
At Metro Sealant, we strongly prioritize using the appropriate materials to solve various construction issues. Our team of experienced professionals is committed to understanding the particular difficulties faced by each building project. We are here to offer tailored solutions that are suited to our client’s individual requirements. Moreover, we make an effort to stock excellent coatings and sealants, such as MasterSeal TC 225 and MasterSeal TC 235.
Our unwavering commitment to reliability, quality, and honesty is what enables us to deliver superior service to our clients. By working with Metro Sealant, you can have peace of mind knowing that you will be supplied with the best quality goods on time and within your budget.