Bituthene® 3000 is a high-performance waterproofing material made to protect buildings and structures against water damage. It’s durable and easy to apply, making it one of the best choices for lasting waterproofing solutions. In this post, we’ll be discussing some of the key attributes of Bituthene® 3000, its shelf life, and storage tips. Read on to learn more!
What Is Bituthene® 3000 Made of?
Bituthene® 3000 is formed using a unique blend of polyethylene and bitumen rubber. This creates a cross-laminated HDPE carrier film with a tacky, self-adhesive rubberized compound that adheres exceedingly well to cured concrete surfaces.
What Are the Key Applications of Bituthene® 3000?
In conditions where in-service temperatures fall below 130°F (54°C), Bituthene® 3000 works well to waterproof concrete decks. One illustration of its use is in split-slab construction in areas like plaza spaces and parking decks. Moreover, it performs well across a variety of interior settings, such as bathrooms, kitchens, labs, and even mechanical rooms.
What Are the Key Properties of Bituthene® 3000?
The Bituthene® 3000 roll’s extraordinarily high hydrostatic head resistance provides superb, long-lasting protection against water infiltration. This quality makes it particularly useful in areas with higher hydrostatic pressure, such as basements or foundations. Due to the product’s exceptional flexibility, using it in tight spaces and challenging-to-reach places is relatively easy.
Additional advantages that Bituthene® 3000 provides include:
- Designed primarily to serve as a barrier to prevent water, moisture, and gas from entering the structure by separating it from the surrounding substrate.
- Includes a cross-laminated film that features high tear strength, impact, and puncture resistance.
- Can be cold-applied, where surface and ambient temperatures are at 40 °F (5°C) or higher. This eliminates flame hazards. For applications at temperatures falling between 25 °F (-4 °C) and 60°F (16 °C), Bituthene® low-temperature membrane serves as an excellent waterproofing option.
- Overlaps in the self-adhesive enable membrane continuity.
- Resistant to chemicals, even in the most aggressive soils, added protection from harsh external conditions.
- Elongation that exceeds 300% makes Bituthene® 3000 highly flexible to withstand shrinkage movements and small settlements.
- Material thickness is controlled due to factory manufacturing. Each sheet is standardized, enabling consistent and smooth on-site application.
- The RIPCORD® integrated filament split release on demand enables the membrane to be easily positioned in detailed areas.
What Is the Shelf Life of Bituthene® 3000?
Bituthene® 3000 has a shelf life of one year. Storage and usage tips include:
- Use on a first-in, first-out basis
- Store all Bituthene® products in an upright position
- Store in dry conditions between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F (32°C)
Why Buy Bituthene® 3000 from Metro Sealant?
Metro Sealant has been a provider of high-quality sealants and commercial construction materials for over three decades. This is because we put a large focus on solving problems with the right materials. Our team of qualified professionals has years of experience understanding the unique challenges of each construction project and providing tailored solutions to meet the needs of all our clients.
Our waterproofing membranes are designed to protect against water infiltration and costly water damage for most building and structure types. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today!