High-Performance Acrylic Weatherproofing Coatings
Metro Sealant has become one of today’s leaders in offering high-quality acrylic weatherproofing coatings, such as Dryvit Weathercoat. We’re proud to offer such great products to help contractors and DIY experts alike with any waterproofing job they’re performing. If you’re about to begin your next project, Dryvit Weathercoat may be ideal for you.
Here’s some more information about its benefits and applications!
Why Choose Dryvit Weathercoat as Your Acrylic Weatherproofing Coating?
For those looking to change the color of an existing EIFS finish or weatherproof other surfaces, Dryvit Weather coat is ideal for a number of reasons. Firstly, it’s 100% acrylic and comes in a smooth coating so you’ll never even be able to tell the difference between it and a traditional paint job. Additionally, it helps reduce mold and mildew growth and is available in a wide range of colors, making it easy to find the perfect one for your application.
Some other benefits of using Dryvit Weathercoat as your acrylic weatherproofing solution include:
- It works great with a number of surfaces, including wood, primed metal, stucco, decorative masonry, and other acrylic-based surfaces.
- It offers easy clean-up for installation crews, as long as Dryvit Weathercoat is removed with water while the tools are still wet.
- It’s designed to be virtually maintenance-free, only requiring the occasional cleaning to remove dirt and stains that may have collected on the surface over time.
How Do I Apply Dryvit Weathercoat as my Acrylic Weatherproofing Solution?
- Job Surfaces: To apply Dryvit Weathercoat on any of the surfaces mentioned above, the surface temperature must be approximately 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celsius) or higher and needs to remain at such temperatures for at least 24 hours. It is water vapor permeable, so leaving the coating on overnight won’t affect it should there be any condensation.
- Drying Time: The drying time of Dryvit Weathercoat will depend upon the ambient temperature, as well as the surface it’s being applied on. Relative humidity can also affect drying time; although generally, it will be dry to the touch in approx. 30 minutes and ready for retouching in approx. two hours.
Contact us today for your acrylic weatherproofing coating solutions, sealants, and more!
For the best weatherproofing, waterproofing, sealants, and more, contact us online today or call (866) 695-6617.