Dryvit Weathercoat has the right choice for changing the color of an existing EIFS finish or other exterior surfaces. Dryvit Weathercoat is an exterior 100% acrylic smooth coating which is offered in a variety of standard colors as well as custom colors. Weathercoat contains the most effective ingredients available to help resist mold and mildew growth. Questions? Contact Us.
Weathercoat is a durable coating which may be used to protect and decorate masonry, stucco, wood, primed metal and acrylic-based textured finishes such as EIFS finishes.
Drying Time: Drying time of Weathercoat is dependent on the air temperature and relative humidity. Under average drying conditions [70°F (21 °C), 55% R.H.]. Weathercoat is dry to the touch in 30 minutes and dry to handle or recoat in 2 hours. Protect work from rain for at least 24 hours.
Job Conditions: Air and surface temperature for application of Weathercoat must be 45 °F (7 °C) or higher and must remain so for at least 12 hours. Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): The Weathercoat coating is permeable to water vapor. Accelerated Weathering (ASTM G 155): 5000 hours. No deleterious effects. Mildew Resistance (ASTM D 3273): Passes.
Surfaces shall be clean, dry, above 45 °F (7 °C) and free of efflorescence, grease, oil, form release agents and curing compounds. On previously painted surfaces, all loose, peeling and chalking paint must be removed. If it is a glossed surface, it must be removed by sanding.
• Metal Surfaces: Must be primed with a corrosion-resistant primer.
• EIFS Finishes: Freshly applied finishes must dry a minimum of 24 hours under average drying conditions. Existing EIFS finishes should be cleaned and flushed thoroughly with clean water.
• Concrete: Shall have cured a minimum of 28 days prior to application of Weathercoat. If form release agents or curing compounds are present on the concrete surface, the surface shall be thoroughly washed with muriatic acid and flushed to remove residual acid.
• Masonry: The masonry surface, with joints struck flush, may be “skim coated” with Primus, Primus DM or Genesis mixture to produce a smooth, level surface.
• Stucco: Weathercoat shall be applied to the textured coat. If additives are present in the stucco, a test patch shall be made and bond strength checked prior to application.