DSM System a watertight expansion joint, the DSM System is for horizontal-plane deck applications. Traffic durable, joint-face adhered and precompressed, DSM System is a primary seal for deck expansion joints. DSM’s toughness and resilience come from its microsphere-modified-acrylic impregnation and tensionless highway-grade silicone bellows coating. Questions? Contact us
The system is comprised of 1) pre-compressed, silicone-and-impregnated-foam hybrid; 2) field-applied epoxy adhesive on the joint faces; 3) a silicone sealant band that seals substrate voids and irregularities.
An unmatched performance record has established DSM System as a standard for parking deck and stadium expansion joint sealing. Unlike extruded rubber seals, Caulk and backer rod and other predecessor technologies, DSM does not suffer from compression-set nor does it rely on adhesion in tension for its performance. Highly configurable, the DSM System uniquely handles changes in plane and direction essential to ensuring continuity of seal.
- UV resistant
- Non-invasive anchoring
- ADA Compliant
- Low-temperature flexible, high-temperature stable
- Tensionless bond-line and low stress silicone bellows
- Traffic durable
- Rapid installation–new or retrofit
- Staged installation preserves traffic flow
- Joint-face adhered
- Conforms to joint edge irregularities
- Size switching accommodates joint gap variations
- Watertight—the system is installed just below the deck surface. This ensures watertightness is achieved at the deck surface not in gutters from which water must be managed.Non-Invasive Anchoring—there are no hard metal-to-concrete connections in the system. This includes embedded pins, anchors, screws, bolts or tracks, trays or rails. The system is locked to the joint faces by means of the 1) backpressure of the foam, 2) the epoxy adhesive, and 3) the injected silicone sealant band at the joint face to foam and silicone bellows interface.Continuity of Seal—as in all EMSEAL expansion joint systems, continuity of seal through changes in plane and direction is an essential performance differentiator. Details for watertight, field-fabricated transitions from deck to wall, at curbs, sidewalks, parapets, tees, and crosses are available with the DSM SYSTEM.Aesthetics & Versatility—Standard color is gray (other colors available), uniform bellows appearance, double sealing, fuel resistance, and an enhanced ability to handle variations in joint size are among other system features.