Emshield DFR2 is A fire rated expansion joint, Emshield DFR2 is a watertight, traffic durable primary seal for repair, retrofit, and new installation in structural expansion joints and construction joints in horizontal-plane applications. Questions? Contact Us.
[button style=”btn-danger” url=”https://cdn.emseal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/emseal-expansion-joint-checklist.pdf” target=”_blank” size=”btn-md”]Emseal Checklist[/button]
Emshield DFR2 is a 2-hour UL-certified fire barrier. (For 3-hour fire rating see Emshield DFR3)
Emshield DFR2 eliminates the need for fire blankets, mineral wools, liquid sealants or other fire stop materials. It can be used alone or under any other expansion joint cover, plate or filler where depth of substrate allows.
Installed entirely from the deck surface, Emshield DFR2 vastly simplifies installation, project sequencing and coordination of trades by eliminating the need for access staging or obstruction by installation and presence of under-slab mechanical systems.
Emshield DFR2 is tested and certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), to the rigors of UL 2079 for deck and floor expansion joints as well as to California Department of Public Health CDPH/EHLB/Standard Method Version 1.2, 2017 for low-emitting materials
Where UL tested listings do not meet your specific project conditions ask EMSEAL for an engineered judgment.
- Traffic durable
- ADA Compliant
- 2-Hour Fire Rated to UL 2079
- Applications beyond UL Listing by engineered judgment
- Non-Invasive Anchoring
- Low-Emitting Material per CDPH/EHLB V1.2, 2017
- Installed entirely from the deck or floor above–no utility lifts or holding labor required
- No obstructions columns or underslab obstructions from HVAC, electrical, plumbing or mechanical materials
- Eliminates the need for fire blankets and gutters
- Meets the requirements of ASTM E1966, ASTM E119 and ASTM E1399
- One Install does it all–fire-rated, watertight, traffic bearing, 100% movement, quiet, non-invasive anchoring, UL 2079 Certified for decks and floors
Watertight — Emshield products are installed with the silicone bellows facing the weather to ensure watertightness. A field-applied sealant band of supplied silicone at the bellows to substrate interface seals substrate irregularities and completes the installation.
UL/ULC Fire-Rated — Tested in accordance with the cycling and fire endurance requirements of UL-2079, Listed by UL, and manufactured under UL’s Follow Up Service ensuring that what is shipped is the same as what was tested.
Non-Invasive Anchoring — There are no hard metal-to-substrate connections with Emshield. This includes embedded pins, anchors, screws, bolts or tracks, trays or rails, flanges or coverplates. The system is locked to the joint faces by means of the 1) backpressure of the foam; 2) the epoxy adhesive, and 3) the injected sealant bands at the joint face.