Emseal DSF System is an NSF compliant joint sealant, Emseal DSF System features a silicone-bellows sealing surface and a precompressed, impregnated foam backing. DSF provides a lasting solution to joint sealing applications and will not pose a contamination risk to liquids or solids which may be ingested. Questions? Contact Us.
[button style=”btn-danger” url=”https://cdn.emseal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/emseal-expansion-joint-checklist.pdf” target=”_blank” size=”btn-md”]Emseal Checklist[/button]
The silicone coating is compliant to NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for contact with potable drinking water. It is also in compliance with FDA Regulation CFR 177.2600 for indirect contact with food.
The system is comprised of precompressed, silicone-and-impregnated-foam hybrid installed into field-applied epoxy adhesive on the joint faces with the silicone bellows locked to the joint faces with a silicone sealant band.
For submerged applications subject to hydrostatic-head pressure see Submerseal.
- Watertight: DSF System is installed with the tensionless silicone bellows facing the liquids, solids, or activities requiring NSF or FDA compliance. The silicone faced side is watertight. DSF is also available double-sided so that both sides of a wall can be sealed in a single installation step.
- Non-Invasive Anchoring: there are no hard metal-to-substrate connections with the DSF SYSTEM. This includes embedded pins, anchors, screws, bolts or tracks, trays or rails. The system is locked to the joint faces by means of the 1) backpressure of the foam; 2) the epoxy adhesive, and 3) the injected silicone sealant band at the joint face to foam-and-silicone bellows interface.
- Color: The standard DSF SYSTEM color is off-white
- Versatility: Variations in joint size can be handled through size-switching.
- Continuity of Seal: as in all EMSEAL expansion joint systems, continuity of seal through changes in plane and direction is an essential performance differentiator. The DSF SYSTEM utilizes EMSEAL’s exclusive “Universal- 90’s”– factory-fabricated single-piece 90-degree units.
- Double-Sided Straight-Run Option: The DSF SYSTEM is also available with double-sided protection manufactured with the water-resistant bellows on both sides of straight lengths for use in applications where exposure from two sides is possible.