Miracote MPC (Multipurpose Protective Coating) is a polymerized, two component, cementitious protective coating that can be applied over a variety of surfaces including concrete, masonry, metal, wood, and tile. It consists of a
unique rubber-like polymer liquid that is mixed with a proprietary cement and aggregate blend. Miracote is then typically applied in two or more coats by trowel, brush, roller, spray or notched squeegee and back roll. Designed for both exterior and interior use, Miracote MPC restores and protects concrete surfaces from the consequences of exposure to water and chloride intrusion, freeze thaw damage and carbonation. An extremely durable, cost-effective protective coating Miracote MPC is “breathable” and allows for the transmission of inherent moisture vapor within concrete without blistering or delamination. By lowering moisture content within the concrete, Miracote helps reduce the potential for corrosion of steel reinforcement.
Packaging and Colors:
- MPC Liquid Catalyst Component (5-gallon pail)
- MPC Regular Powder, Natural Gray or White* (55 lb. bag)
- MPC Hard Powder White* (55 lb. bag)
*To match Standard Colors requires use of White Powder
- MPC Smooth finish Natural Gray and White (40lb bag)
- Miracote Liquid Pigment can be added to white kit to cover a wider range of colors
- Regular: 5Gal Liquid Catalyst: 2-bags of MPC Regular Powder.
- Smooth: 5Gal Liquid Catalyst: 2-bags of MPC Smooth Powder.
Theoretical coverage per unit:
- One coat Application ………………… 500 sq. ft. @ 1/32” (31.25 mils)
- Two Coat Application……………….. 250 sq. ft. @ 1/16” (62.50 mils)
- Three Coat Application……………… 166 sq. ft. @ 3/32” (93.75 mils)
- Pedestrian Traffic………………… Minimum two coats required.
- Vehicular Traffic…………………. Minimum three coats required.
Approximate Yield/Unit ……………. 1.25 cu. ft. (regular powder only)
Actual consumption rates are dependent on many factors including, but
not limited to, substrate texture and porosity, variations in applied
thickness and normal allowance for waste.
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, sound, and free from any bond inhibiting substances including, but not limited to, grease, oil and any other contaminants or loosely adhered materials. For concrete substrates, a minimum surface profile of a CSP-3 or higher is required depending on overall substrate conditions and coating requirements. Concrete and other porous or absorptive substrates should be (SSD) saturated surface dry with no standing water at the time of the Miracote MPC application to the substrate.
Miracote MPC must be mixed mechanically using a low-speed drill with a “Jiffy-type” or similar Miracote-approved mixing paddle in a clean mixing container. Pre-mix Liquid Catalyst first to re-disperse any polymer solids that may have settled on the bottom of the pail. When mixing, always pour the liquid catalyst component into the mixing pail first and slowly add the powder component. The mix ratio of powder to liquid may be slightly modified depending on whether a slurry or trowel-grade consistency is desired. Thoroughly mix the material until a uniform smooth consistency is achieved that is free of lumps and pockets of dry powder.
Miracote MPC can be applied using a roller, brush, broom, trowel, magic trowel, squeegee, or spray equipment. Apply Miracote only on properly prepared substrates and be sure that all voids and bug holes are properly filled by working material into the substrate.
Material Safety Data Sheets: