Sikaflex 15LM sausage is a low-modulus, high-performance, 1-
component, polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric
Clean all surfaces. Joint walls must be sound, clean, dry, frost-free, and free of oil and grease. Curing compound residues and any other foreign matters must be thoroughly removed. A roughened surface will also enhance bond. Install bond breaker tape or backer rod to prevent bond at base of joint.
Priming is typically not necessary. Most substrates only require priming if testing indicates a need, i.e. due to excessively porous substrate.
Recommended application temperatures, 40°-100°F. For cold-weather applications, pre-conditioning units to approximately 70°F is recommended. Only apply sealant to clean, sound, dry, and frost-free substrates. Sikaflex 15LM sausage should be applied into joints when joint slot is at mid-point of its designed expansion and contraction. Place nozzle of gun into bottom of the joint filling entire joint. Keep nozzle in the sealant, and continue on with a steady flow of sealant preceding the nozzle to avoid air entrapment. Avoid overlapping of sealant to eliminate entrapment of air.
Use personal protective equipment (chemical resistant gloves/ goggles/clothing). Without direct contact, remove spilled or excess product and placed in suitable sealed container. Dispose of excess product and
container in accordance with applicable environmental regulations.
- Allow 1 week cure at standard conditions when using
Sikaflex 15LM sausage in total water immersion situations
and prior to painting.
- Maximum depth of sealant must not exceed 1/2 in.;
minimum depth is 1/4 in.
- Do not cure in the presence of curing silicone sealants.
Avoid contact with alcohol, and other solvent cleaners,
- Do not apply when moisture-vapor-transmission
condition exists from the substrate, as this can cause
bubbling within the sealant.
- Use opened cartridges and uni-pac sausages the same
- When applying sealant, avoid air-entrapment.
Since system is moisture-cured, permit sufficient
exposure to air.
- White color tends to yellow slightly when exposed to
- Light colors can yellow if exposed to direct gas fired
- The ultimate performance of Sikaflex®-15 LM depends
on good joint design and proper application. With joint
surfaces properly prepared and sealed, movement of
+100% -50% can be tolerated.