Sikasil WS 295 10.1oz Tube: Silicone
Sikasil WS-295 UV is a polyurethane, one-component sealant/adhesive specifically formulated for bonding polycarbonate and acrylic hatches and windows. Sikaflex 295 UV is an excellent non-chalking, color stable sealant for use in general marine sealing. Questions? Contact Us
Sika WS 295 UV black is designed for use as a sealant and/or adhesive in bonding applications for acrylic (PMMA) windows and polycarbonate windows. To be used with Sika – Cleaner 226 and Sika® Primer 209N. Please refer to the user guide available at www.sikaindustry.com/ ipd-marine-window-295 before use.
Sika -295 UV white is intended to be used as a sealant in open joints between ceramics, glass, many plastics, fiberglass, metals and many types of paint. To be used with Sika -Activator or Sika -Cleaner 226. For further information, please refer to the Surface Preparation Guidelines.. Suitable only for professional experienced users. Not to be used as a bonding agent to mineral glass. To ensure material compatibility and adhesion, tests with actual substrates and conditions have to be done.
- Do not apply under water, through standing water or on frozen surfaces.
- Do not use it for bonding glass.
- Take care to prevent contact with alcohol containing solvents during cure and alcohol.
- Do not apply in the presence of curing silicones or over silicones.
- Allow at least a full cure period of 1 week before total water submersion situations.
- Chlorine exposure cannot exceed 2.5 ppm (maximum). – Not to be used for sealing deck seam.
Finish your job with Sika:
Sikasil -295 UV when tack-free, may be overpainted. The painting process and paint have to be tested for compatibility. Sikaflex -295UV should not be exposed to extremely hot temperatures until it has reached full cure. Please note that the film thickness and hardness of the paint might impair the elasticity of the sealant and lead to cracking of the paint film over time.