Recommended application temperatures, 40°-100°F. For cold-weather applications, pre-conditioning units to approximately 70°F is recommended. Only apply sealant to clean, sound, dry, and frost-free substrates. Sikaflex- 15LM should be applied into joints when joint slot is at mid-point of its designed expansion and contraction. Place nozzle of gun into bottom of the joint filling entire joint. Keep nozzle in the sealant, and continue on with a steady flow of sealant preceding the nozzle to avoid air entrapment. Avoid overlapping of sealant to eliminate entrapment of air.
- +40 °C to +100 °F (+4 °C to +38 °C)
- Sealants should be installed when substrates are at mid-range of their anticipated movement.
- Tack-free time 2 to 6 hours (TT-S-00230C)
- Tack-free to touch 3 hours
- Final cure 7 to 10 days
Priming can help get a better bond in many situations
• Priming does no substitute for good prep
• Many products perform w/out primers
• Most commonly used on horizontal and submerged applications
• Must be done properly
to work (primers are Proper primer application with brush not error free: Prime only sides of the joint. ponding, waiting time, etc.)