SikaTop 123 Plus is a two-component, polymermodified, Portland cement-based, fast-setting, non-sag mortar. It is a high performance repair mortar for vertical and overhead surfaces and offers the additional benefit of Sika FerroGard® 901, a penetrating corrosion inhibitor included in its formulation. Questions about Sikatop 123 Plus? Contact Us.
On grade, above and below grade on concrete and mortar.
▪ On vertical and overhead surfaces. As a structural repair material for parking structures, industrial plants, walkways, bridges, tunnels, dams and ramps.
▪ Approved for repairs over cathodic protection systems
Surface must be clean and sound. Remove all deteriorated concrete, dirt, oil, grease, and other bondinhibiting materials from the area to be repaired.
▪ Be sure repair area is not less than 1/8″ (3 mm) in depth.
▪ Preparation work should be done by high pressure water blast, scabbler or other appropriate mechanical means to obtain an exposed aggregate surface profile of ±1/16″ (1.6 mm) (CSP-5).
▪ To ensure optimum repair results, the effectiveness of decontamination and preparation should be assessed by a pull-off test.
▪ Saw cutting of edges is preferred and a dovetail is recommended.
▪ Substrate should be Saturated Surface Dry (SSD) with clean water prior to application. No standing water should remain during application.
Reinforcing steel: Steel reinforcement should be thoroughly prepared by mechanical cleaning to remove all traces of rust. Where corrosion has occurred due to the presence of chlorides, the steel should be high pressure washed with clean water after mechanical cleaning. For priming of reinforcing steel use Sika®Armatec® 110 EpoCem (consult PDS).
Concrete Substrate: Prime the prepared substrate with a brush or sprayed applied coat of Sika® Armatec® 110
EpoCem (consult PDS).Alternately, a scrub coat of SikaTop®-123 Plus can be applied prior to placement of the mortar. The repair mortar has to be applied into the wet scrub coat before it dries.
▪ Pour Component ‘A’ into mixing container.
▪ Add Component ‘B’ while mixing continuously. Mix mechanically with a low-speed drill (400–600 rpm) and mixing paddle or mortar mixer.
▪ Mix to a uniform consistency, maximum 3 minutes. Manual mixing can be tolerated only for less than a full unit. Thorough mixing and proper proportioning of the two components is necessary.