Avanti AV-202 Multigrout Features and Benefits
- NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 Drinking Water Systems Component Certified
- 100% solids
- Free rise expands 400% – 600%
- Solvent-free and non-corrosive
- Cures flexible with superb adhesive properties
- Can accept up to 10X its volume in water
- May be used in underwater applications
How it Works
Avanti AV-202 MultiGrout can be applied via two techniques: EGP or V-PAT. The resin reacts to moisture to form a resilient, flexible seal accomplished by three mechanisms: the resin seeks out water in the space and adheres to the surface, then begins to expand forming a tight compressive seal, while the network of compressed grout material within all the cracks forms a mechanical lock.
- Large cracks or joints in concrete, or used in conjunction with AV215 Resin Rod or AV-219 Fibrotite (Oakum)
- Designed for applications where high-volume water flow is an active and/or potential problem and a high viscosity chemistry is required
- Used successfully in manhole sealing and pipe penetrations
- Excellent choice for moving cracks and joints
Flush equipment with AV-208 before and after use to remove moisture and clean equipment. For best results, use between 60°F – 90°F (16°C – 32°C). Performance will be influenced by site conditions. If site temperatures are low, use a heat source to warm to ~72°F (22°C) and apply. Do not use open flame as a heat source.
At temperatures of 45°F (7°C), the viscosity of the product can significantly increase, making the miscibility with the reaction water more difficult.
Store in temperatures within or near 45°F – 95°F (7°C – 35°C) in a dry atmosphere. Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Packaged under dry nitrogen to keep moisture out and extend shelf life.
Note: storage of opened/partial containers at the lower range of the recommended storage temperature is not advised. The moisture in the air of the head space above a partial container might condensate and causes the grout to premature gel in the container.