GCP Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane Advantages
- Primerless self-adhered membrane—allows for reduction of installation time by up to 40%
- Fully bonded—helps transmit wind loads directly to the substrate
- Waterproof and impermeable to moisture—impermeable to the passage of liquid water and water vapor
- Air tight— specifically designed to protect against air passage and associated energy losses.
- Cross laminated film – provides dimensional stability, high tear strength, puncture and impact resistance
- Flexible—elongation test value of 200% accommodates minor settlement and shrinkage movement
- Controlled thickness—factory made sheet allows for consistent, non-variable site application
- Aggressive, conformable adhesive—can be used to help seal around mechanical fasteners
- Wide application window— primerless application at surface and ambient temperatures of 25°F (-4°C) and above.
Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane is fully adhered and is designed for use with other GCP sheet and fluid applied membranes. For specific product use with other GCP membranes and fluids please refer to the individual Sheet and Fluid Applied Membrane product Data Sheet instructions.
Limitations of use
- Approved uses only include those uses specifically detailed in this Product Data Sheet and other current Product Data Sheets that can be found at gcpat.com
- Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane is not intended for any other use. Contact GCP Technical Services where any other use is anticipated or intended.
- Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane must not be applied in areas where it will be exposed to direct sunlight permanently, and must be covered within 1 year of installation. Refer to Technical Letter 19, Exposure Guidelines for Perm-A-Barrier Self-Adhered Membranes.
- Maximum In Service Temperature (as installed) is 160°F (71°C)
- Pallets of Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane must not be double stacked on the job site.
- All materials must be protected from rain and physical damage.
- Store off ground under tarps with adequate ventilation or otherwise protected from rain and ground moisture
- Store membrane where temperatures will not exceed 90°F (32°C) for extended periods.
- Store in dry conditions at 40°F (4.5°C)-90°F(32°C)
- Observe 1 year shelf life and use on a first in- first out basis
- Review technical letter #30 Shelf Life/Storage and Handling of GCP Waterproofing and Air Barrier Products
- Store only as much material at point of use as is required for each day’s work.
Surface must be smooth, clean, dry and free of voids, spalled areas, loose aggregate, loose nails, sharp protrusions or other matter that will hinder the adhesion or regularity of the membrane installation. Clean loose dust or dirt from the surface to which the membrane is to be applied by wiping with a clean, dry cloth or brush. It is best practice to first apply primer onto any gypsum sheathing cut edges that will receive Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane to help reduce dust that may impact adhesion. In cold temperature installations do not apply over ice or frost.
- Pre-cut Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane to easily handled lengths. Peel release paper from roll to expose adhesive and carefully position the membrane against substrate. The entirety of the membrane must be pressed firmly into place with sufficient pressure using a rubber or vinyl hand roller during application to ensure continuous and intimate contact with the substrate and to prevent water from migrating under the membrane. Overlap adjacent pieces 2 in. (51 mm) and roll overlap with a steel hand roller.
- When applying Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane to Perm-A-Barrier Wall Membranes and Perm-A-Barrier Wall Flashing – Apply a bead of S100 Sealant, Bituthene Mastic or Bituthene Liquid Membrane along top edges of cuts, penetrations, all laps and seams on horizontal surfaces (e.g. sill plates), critical areas and as shown in GCP detail drawings, and tool into place.
- When applying Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane to Perm-A-Barrier Liquid, Perm-A-Barrier NPL 10/NPL 10 LT, Perm-A-Barrier VPL, Perm-A-Barrier VPL Low Temp or Perm-A-Barrier VPO – Apply a bead of S100 Sealant or Bituthene Liquid Membrane along top edges, cuts, penetrations, all laps and seams on horizontal surfaces (e.g. sill plates), critical areas and as shown in GCP detail drawings, and trowel into place.
- If Perm-A-Barrier fluid applied membranes are more than 7 days old, contact GCP technical service for guidance. Refer to Technical Letter #11 for more information specific to Perm-A-Barrier Liquid.
- No reglet is necessary when installing Perm-A-Barrier NPS Detail Membrane to vertical surfaces
- All non-water shedding edges must be sealed with S100 Sealant, Bituthene Liquid Membrane or Bituthene Mastic.
For more information or questions Contact Us