Emshield DFR-FP is a UL and ULC-certified 2-hour fire-rated watertight expansion joint for use in a split-slab construction deck or floor with a 2-hour (or lower) fire rating. It is constructed as a single unit fire-rated trafficable joint system for plaza decks and split slabs designed to straddle joint gaps up to 4-inches (100mm). Emshield DFR-FP expands the use of Emshield DFR to waterproofed split-slab deck designs through the use of side flashing sheets that integrate with the deck waterproofing membrane. Emshield DFR-FP has been UL and ULC 2079 certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL). Questions? Contact Us.
[button style=”btn-danger” url=”https://cdn.emseal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/emseal-expansion-joint-checklist.pdf” target=”_blank” size=”btn-md”]Emseal Checklist[/button]
Installed entirely from the deck surface above, allowing for easier installation without compromising continuity of the fire-barrier from obstructions (e.g. columns, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.) DFR-FP provides a watertight, clean handling, UV stable, low-temperature flexible, high-temperature-stable, traffic durable fire-rated joint seal.
- For Fire-Rated Split-Slab Floors and Decks
- ADA Compliant
- Built-in UL/ULC-certified fire-rating
- Ideal for deck-to-wall conditions across door thresholds
- Exceptional durability under pedestrian traffic &
extreme weather conditions
- Stainless steel flashing sheet capping strips
- Side flashing sheets are heat-weldable thermoplastic
- Factory fabricated changes in plane and direction
- Steel side legs available in many heights
- Installed entirely from the deck or floor above–
No utility lifts or holding labor required
- Eliminates the need for fire blankets and gutters
- Meets the requirements of ASTM E1966, ASTM E119 and ASTM E1399
Watertight — Emseal FP (For Plaza) systems are purpose-designed to provide watertight joint sealing and watertight integration with the buried deck waterproofing membrane. The Emshield DFR material is installed between the faces of the FP retainer legs with the silicone bellows facing the weather to ensure watertightness in the joint gap. A field-applied sealant band of supplied silicone at the bellows to substrate interface seals substrate irregularities and completes the installation.
UL/ULC Fire-Rated — Tested in accordance with the cycling and fire endurance requirements of UL-2079, listed by UL, and manufactured under UL’s Follow Up Service ensuring that what is shipped is the same as what was tested.
Sound Attenuation — Joints sealed with EMSEAL impregnated foam sealants offer exceptional acoustic dampening and feature STC/OITC sound transmission coefficients that can meet or exceed that of the assembly into which they are installed.