GE SCS2350 is a neutral cure silicone sealant that is an excellent candidate for general glazing and sealing as well as for internal frame sealing on curtainwall assemblies. GE SCS2350 is supplied as a paste and upon cure produces a durable silicone rubber seal. Questions? Contact Us.
1. Cut tapered nozzle of caulking cartridge; suggest cutting nozzle at a 45° angle to assist in the dispensing & application of the sealant. The further down you cut, the bigger the opening and resulting bead size. Keep in mind that there is a 1/4” minimum contact surface of sealant required on all surfaces.
2. If applicable, puncture foil tip seal with nail and place cartridge in caulking gun.
3. Hold gun at a 45° angle to surface and squeeze trigger using even pressure.
4. Once sealant begins to dispense, move gun along at even pace. The sealant should fill the gap and touch both surfaces. The best bead is usually achieved by pushing the sealant out in a forward motion.
5. A tooling knife is then used to smooth the bead. Bead should be tooled within a few minutes of dispensing or before skin over (see typical properties for “tooling time”).
6. Leave sealant undisturbed until sufficient cure.
• Adhesion—Primerless adhesion to many substrates and finishes including: glass, polycarbonate, vinyl, numerous plastics, fluoropolymer and powder coated paints (including overspray, conversion-coated and anodized aluminum, ceramic and porcelain materials).
• Good Workability—Temperature stable paste which is easily gunned and tooled under hot and cold conditions.
• Thermal Stability (cured state)—Once properly cured, the material remains flexible over a range of -55°F (-48°C) to 250°F (121°C) and up to 350°F (177°C) under intermittent short term exposure.
Whether your project is a new or remedial curtainwall, frame assembly, or joinery application, count on GE SCS2350 sealant to deliver lasting results.
GE SCS2350 sealant is 100% silicone with an accelerated, neutral cure. With excellent adhesion properties and permanent flexibility, it is able to withstand extreme temperatures and weather.
SCS2350 sealant securely bonds without a primer to many substrates and finishes, including glass, polycarbonate, vinyl, plastics, painted surfaces, most aluminum finishes, and more.