Willseal 250: Self-Expanding Foam Joint
Willseal 250 is a pre-compressed, self-expanding open micro-cell polyurethane foam impregnated with a hydrophobic, acrylic polymer sealing compound coated with a traffic-grade factory-applied sealant. It is designed to provide a watertight, dust-proof, airtight, noise-reducing, thermally insulating, and UV stable primary seal that does not require invasive anchoring for installation. Questions? Contact Us.
Willseal 250 is a pre-compressed, self-expanding foam joint sealant with a traffic grade silicone coating engineered to perform in horizontal applications subject to solvents and fuels such as those found in parking garages, road and bridge joints, and airport runways. Willseal 250 is specifically designed to provide a maximum seal in structures with shear and rapid movement.
• Allows for up to 100% (±50%) movement
• Accommodates rapid rates of joint movement
• Excellent compression recovery
• Supplied in pre-compressed state for ease of installation
• Utilizes non-invasive anchoring
• Not based on wax, asphalt or bitumastic impregnation
• Verify that the joint is clean, sound and will provide an appropriate surface for installation of the joint sealant
• Check material for the appropriate lengths, widths and depths
• Apply a 1/16” – 1/8” coating of the epoxy mixture to both sides of the joint to a depth of the sealant material plus 1/2” to ensure
• When fully prepared to install, remove the shrink packaging, hardboard, and both release liners from the pre-compressed joint
• Once the joint is installed, run a ¼” bead of the supplied silicone adhesive along both sides of the face of the joint along the substrate face
• Run the supplied silicone accessory over all seams and transitions to allow for a clean, aesthetic finish
• Remove any excess silicone left on the surface of the material or substrate
• Do not reuse waste material
Willseal 250 is available from your authorized Tremco distributor, and directly through Tremco and Willseal sales representatives
• Concrete Grey
• Pavement Grey
• Traffic- Grade Black
• Avoid contact of Willseal 250 with hydrocarbon solvents and corrosive chemicals.