Tremco Spectrem 1 is a moisture-cure, high-performance, single-component, ultra low modulus silicone sealant. Questions about Tremco Spectrem 1? Contact Us.
For the most demanding dynamically moving joints, Spectrem 1 is the perfect sealant. This includes material such as precast concrete panels, window perimeters, aluminum curtain walls and metal panels, which have a high coefficient of linear expansion
Surface must be clean, sound, and dry. Contact surfaces should be free of oils, dust, loose dirt and any other contaminants. Before applying any sealant, Tremco suggests that air temperature be 40 °F (5 °C) or above. If cold weather is inevitable, please consult www.tremcosealants.com for the Tremco Guide for Cold Weather Applications.
Spectrem 1 is easy to apply with conventional caulking equipment. Fill joints completely and tools. At 75 ˚F (23.9 ˚C), 50% RH, a durable skin will form within 10 to 30 min. Please visit www.tremcosealants.com for complete application instructions.
May be used in any joint designed in accordance with accepted architectural/engineering practices. Joint width should be 4 times expected movement, and at least 1/4″ (6 mm) wide.
To manage depth of the sealant bead, Tremco sealant tape illmod 600 or closed-cell polyethylene backer rods are recommended as joint backing. An adhesive-backed polyethylene tape should be fixed so as to avert three-sided adhesion at places where the depth of the joint will prevent use of joint backing. Ensure that the joint backing is dry at time of the sealant application.
Spectrem 1 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following specifications:
- CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87, MCG-2-40-B-N
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-001543A (COM-NBS) Class A
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-00230C (COM-NBS) Class A, Type II
- ASTM C920 Type S, Grade NS, Class 100/50, Use NT, M, G, A andO
- ASTM E84
- ASTM C1382
- ASTM C1248
EIMA Test Method 300.01
- Spectrem 1 has been tested as a component of several wall assemblies meeting the Standard Fire Test Method for Evaluation of Fire Propagation Characteristics of Exterior NonLoad-Bearing Wall Assemblies Containing Combustible Components, ASTM E2357, the Standard Test Method for Determining Air Leakage of Air Barrier Assemblies, and NFPA 285.